Employer: Cornershop Creative
Join the Cornershop team!
- We are seeking an awesome, U.S.-based WordPress developer to join our 20+ distributed team.
- The core responsibility for this position will be building and styling WordPress-based websites, without using plugins or premium themes.
- We are looking for a great developer with demonstrable WordPress core skills and experience.
- This position will be responsible for interpreting loose client requirements and turning them into beautiful websites by creating optimized PHP, JS, and CSS code. Strong React skills are also needed to create custom Gutenberg blocks.
- Our ideal candidate is a hard-working, curious self-starter comfortable working independently with little supervision, but also able to work as part of a team that includes developers and non-developers.
- Since we’re a permanently distributed shop (not just during the pandemic), you’ll get to work from home! Cool, right?
- Strong knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and JS
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 markup and CSS, especially cross-browser compatibility
- Understanding of the WordPress theme layer: template files and hierarchy, hooks, WP_Query, WP REST API, and so on. Experience creating or writing a plugin a PLUS
- Experience building custom blocks in Gutenberg
- Experience with WooCommerce a PLUS
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Experience with CSS preprocessors & libraries (particularly SASS) and git version control
- Familiarity with current (and evolving) best practices in front-end dev regarding semantics, performance, cross-browser consistency, accessibility, speed optimization, etc.
- Wireframe, UI experience and excellent web design skills not required but a PLUS
- Ability to laugh at our stupid jokes (and the occasional good one)
- Familiarity with command line tools like ssh, git, gulp and wp-cli
- Won’t lose your s#!% if you occasionally get feedback like â€œcan we make the logo bigger?â€ or â€œchange the padding by 1px,â€ which may happen despite our best efforts
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple clients (we keep pretty busy!)
- Ability to â€œput yourself in someone else’s shoesâ€ to consider the client’s (and client’s users’) needs
- Being passionate about progressive causes
- Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our non-profit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals.
- Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative.
Salary: Approximately $60,000
Competitive benefits include:
- 100% medical coverage on platinum level plan
- Dental and vision insurance options
- 401K with employer matching
- Work from home!
- 100% monthly internet reimbursement
- Generous and flexible PTO package