Web Operations Coordinator
Category: Marketing – Digital Marketing
Location: Remote – US
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
See your future through a different lens
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc.(Nasdaq: NVAX) is a biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavaxis currently conducting multiple late-stage clinical trials for NVX-CoV2373, our vaccine candidate against the virus that causes COVID-19, and has recently reported exciting and highly encouraging initial efficacy results. NanoFlu™, our quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both candidate vaccines incorporate Novavax’ proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M™ adjuvant to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies.Novavaxis a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines. Our proprietary technology platform leverages the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking a Web Operations Coordinator with exceptional attention to detail, the ability to stay on task, and the ability to work with varying levels of staff to gather information and distribute content appropriately. The position will be responsible for creating and editing webpages on various Novavax websites using Drupal, a content management system (CMS).
This position can be in-person, hybrid in-person or remote.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build webpages in Drupal CMS – determine webpage layouts, arrangement of content, etc.
- Basic photo editing, such as cropping and compressing images for website performance.
- Edit and proofread web content for grammar and consistent writing style/conventions.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained throughout various websites.
- Measure and report on the success of content and set benchmarking goals for content engagement.
- Conduct quality assurance for new and existing pages, site functionality, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with various departments on content strategy.
- Ensure websites are up to WCAG guidelines.
- Monitor reports for broken links, accessibility issues, redirects, etc.
- Basic understanding and experience with digital asset management system
- Assist with project management tasks, as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications, marketing, art/design or another related field from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in web editing, web design, web development, and use of web technologies.
- 2+ years of experience working on large, complex websites utilizing CMS such as Drupal and WordPress.
- 1+ years of experience with web graphic design or photo editing software.
- Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)