Title: Web Content Specialist Part Time
Location: United States
Categories: Media / Publishing Education/Higher Education
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large, and small.
- Provides consistent, clean, and organized web development work by converting raw course content into static and/or interactive, web-ready content to be added/updated in the Partner course delivery system
- Maintains content on Partner Learning Management Systems (LMS) based on directions from our Instructional Designers and the Lead Web Content Specialists
- Adds/updates text, images and other media to online courses across several LMS
- Maintains content standards based on both Pearson and Partner standards, as defined per Partner
- Creating new code
- Reconstruction of existing code
- Quality Assurance Testing of automated and manual work
- Tracking of work progress and QA outcomes utilizing Wrike and other project management tools
- Daily reporting/communication with team lead(s).
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
- Must have previous experience in a professional environment.
- Customer service experience is a plus.
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to problem solve
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and creation of HTML
- Beginning to intermediate knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of Partner Learning Management Systems (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.)
- Understanding and usage of Microsoft Windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is remote with training and consists of long hours sitting at a computer (approximately 95% of the time). A high-speed internet connection is required.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $23.00-$25.00 USD per hour.