Web Content Specialist
Remote – United States
About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona.
The University’s Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines.
Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2021-22, there were over 11,100 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University’s residential campuses and approximately 20,195 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is seeking a part-time Web Content Specialist to join the Information Technology department in a teleworking arrangement. The Web Content Specialist is responsible for the production of digital content on university websites and digital properties.
Reporting to the Director of Web Content, the Web Content Specialist will manage web content requests and implement web changes on the University’s external and internal websites.
The Web Content Specialist works closely with web designers, web developers, SEO and analytics analysts to ensure that website content can reach the intended audience, provide consistent user experience and convey information in a clear and accessible manner.
The Web Content Specialist will partner with internal stakeholders to obtain all content requirements and assets while educating and guiding them on how to align content with University web content standards and digital best practices.
This position is part-time (25 hours per week) for the duration of a multi-year website redesign project. Anticipated end date of project is December 2026. Information Technology provides a modern, collaborative environment with professional development opportunities and a flexible summer work schedule. As a part-time, 25 hour a week role you would be eligible for our generous retirement plan and holiday pay.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain, review, approve and enhance web content on Embry-Riddle websites and digital properties.
- Oversee the creation and structure of new and existing web pages.
- Optimize web content for usability, search engines and accessibility.
- Use Team Dynamix ticketing system to complete tasks and requests.
- Stay abreast of current usability, accessibility, web and content development, Google Analytics and SEO best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in media, journalism, computer science or a related field
- At least 1 year of experience with content development and web publishing
- Demonstrated digital content experience and hands-on CMS experience
- Effective and clear communicator, comfortable managing stakeholder relationships
- Detail-oriented and quality-driven, interested in putting forward the highest quality digital content to best represent Embry-Riddle
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests with varying deadlines
- Knowledge of usability and accessibility best practices for the web
- Experience with Sitecore, Adobe Creative suite, SharePoint, and Google Analytics a plus.
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvement, believing in our team, learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing determination, focus and tenacity.