Vue.js Software Engineer – Fully Remote
Fire Engine RED is a fully remote company that offers enrollment solutions and software to admissions offices. We’ve been fully remote since our company was founded in 2001. We celebrate diversity and are committed to bringing people of different backgrounds and perspectives into our company.
We serve more than 300 educational institutions in the U.S. and abroad.
Our 70+ team members are located in 28 states and four (4) countries.
Direct applicants only – no 3rd-party recruiters or staffing firms.
As Vue.js Software Engineer, you are responsible for helping to develop our CRM product using cutting-edge technologies in a highly collaborative, Agile/Scrum environment.
This is a full-time, remote position reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, with a salary range of $110,000 – $125,000.
- Helping build our Innovation team into an Agile center of excellence
- Swarming product requirements
- Communicating about task status and deliverables with team members via Jira
- Communicating frequently and clearly with other disciplines within the company; making informed, intelligent decisions that require engineering acumen as well as frequent collaboration
- Software programming, pair programming with other engineers, reviewing pull requests, and cross-training
- Reviewing pull requests and giving constructive feedback
- Being an active participant in sprint planning, daily Scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Proven experience working on enterprise-level, SaaS-based software in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work remotely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong experience with modern frameworks like SPA, MVC, MVVM, and WebAPI 2.0
- Tangible experience with modern testing practices
- Knowledge of the digital device landscape and responsive design techniques
- Knowledge of typography, color, and visual design
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, S3, and SQS is a plus
- Experience with PHP and Laravel is a plus
- Unit, Functional, Integration, Acceptance and Regression tests
- LEMP stack, MariaDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, Vagrant, and/or Docker
- JIRA, Bitbucket (Git), and Bamboo CI
- jQuery, Vue.js, Bootstrap, SASS, Gulp, Bower, NPM, Jasmine, Karma, Selenium