Visual Designer, Marketing (Remote)
UNITED STATES / CANADA /
The Athletic is a digital sports media company that brings true sports fans closer to the athletes, teams and leagues that captivate their attention. We serve a multi-faceted audience that craves a richer connection and understanding with immersive storytelling and a like-minded community of fans. Founded in 2016 and with major operational hubs in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Melbourne, we empower a truly global team of more than 600 creators and cover more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams across the United States, Canada and the UK. Our newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth reports along with more than 120 podcasts and other forms of premium content. Put simply, The Athletic is at the center of a sports fan’s universe.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary Visual Designer to join our growing design studio. This role will report to the Marketing Design Lead and will contribute most frequently to our marketing efforts in the U.S. and the UK.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about design, have strong communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a meticulous attention to detail. Being a sports fan is a plus.
This role will work closely with the marketing, product, and growth teams to develop compelling ideas into clear design solutions across multiple communication channels.
- Working with the growth marketing team to develop ad creative for deployment on a weekly basis across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Display, newsletters and growth surfaces.
- Working with the product design team to create visual assets that contribute to new and ongoing features for our app and web presence.
- Working with the marketing design team to help build and maintain a visual system that sets the tone and consistency for the brand.
- 1-4 years design experience at an agency, in-house or other relevant industry.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc.) and Figma.
- Ability to manage your time across several workstreams.
- Motion design skills are a plus.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.