Vice President, eCommerce
Within Fender Musical Instruments Corporation’s (“FMIC”) global Sales team, we are building a global community of dealers, artists & influencers across all of our core physical and digital products and channels. Our brand mission is to accompany each player at every stage with products and brand experiences that fuel the pursuit of musical expression.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are looking for an accomplished Vice President, eCommerce to join our growing sales team in the United States. The ideal candidate knows how to develop strategy to drive significant YoY gains in both one-time and recurring Average Order Value (AOV) with a clear understanding of all aspects of the online marketplace. They have likely built an eCommerce business from scratch and know what success looks like from an online sales perspective. They champion the customer journey and innovate new, better ways to navigate through a digital-first consumer space.
About the Job:
- Grow the Fender.com customer base with a differentiated and meaningful value proposition across multiple brand verticals within the Fender brand family (Fender, Jackson, Gretsch, PreSonus)
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to drive significant growth in AOV, Lifetime Value (LTV), and other KPIs aligning with Fender’s long term growth plan while continuing to build a culture of high performance and engagement as a Senior Leader.
- Drive FMIC growth with key internal departments (Marketing/Digital, Operations, Finance) as the eCommerce subject matter expert to guide planning, strategy, and execution
- Develop and/or curate compelling content to educate consumers on existing and new products across multiple categories (guitars/basses, amplifiers, lifestyle/apparel, accessories, etc.)
- Lead Fender.com site optimization to remove unnecessary friction from the user experience with focus on new players and customer conversion
- Oversee an efficient demand generation plan that delivers against strategic objectives and return on investment metrics
- Plan and deliver the annual operating plan through a holistic management of the full P&L
- Continue to enhance current product experiences (Mod Shop, exclusive releases, Custom shop) and strategize towards future experiences (VIP/loyalty programs, digital + physical product bundling opportunities, etc.)
- Be the internal and external voice for Fender’s direct to consumer business
- Proactively share best practices with peers and help lead the broader sales team’s thinking on eCommerce
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 12+ years of eCommerce experience with increasing responsibility while driving growth.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, exhibiting a high degree of drive and a track record of driving team engagement
- Experience in scaling digital direct to consumer engagement and increasing conversion
- Deep experience with the management of trade and promotional budgets
- Experience with optimizing the user experience based upon an understanding of the on-site path to purchase
- Experience with eCommerce demand generation campaign management across multiple tactics e.g. pay per click advertising, email promotion, affiliate programming
- Experience successfully leading complex and inter-departmental initiatives
- Innovative and creative thinker and problem solver who also manages the details
- Strategic thinker with a holistic understanding of the eCommerce landscape
- Outstanding communication skills with proven ability to win the confidence of external partners
- Experience in a global eCommerce environment a plus
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender, Squier, Gretsch, Jackson, EVH, Charvel and Groove Tubes, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.