at Maven Clinic
New York, NY; Remote, US
Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women’s and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility and family building through maternity, parenting, pediatrics and menopause. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better maternal health outcomes, as well as enhance DE&I in benefits programs. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has been recognized as Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Health Company and has grown to 15 million lives covered. Maven has raised $300 million in funding from leading investors including General Catalyst, Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 30 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
We are looking for a VP, Design who will be responsible for driving the vision, strategy, and execution of our design initiatives at Maven. You will lead the design function at Maven, overseeing a team of talented designers and design leaders to deliver exceptional solutions for our patients, providers, and clients. Reporting into the Chief Product Officer, you will partner closely with cross functional teams including engineering, product, marketing and sales to craft compelling design strategies, identify user pain points, and scale Maven’s design practice.
As VP, Design, you will:
- Lead the Product Design, Creative Design, and UX Research teams
- Shape and evangelize a compelling design strategy and vision at Maven, from the look and feel of the brand to how it translates into user journeys in the product
- Lead the creative team in collaborating with the business, supporting commercial and marketing initiatives that tell the Maven story with polish and quality
- Partner with product, engineering, research, and other cross-functional partners to deliver exceptional user journeys that support members through vulnerable life journeys
- Lead and grow a team of talented product, visual, UX, and creative designers focused on the end-to-end Maven experience across our different segments of users
- Be an innovator with a pulse on industry design systems, strategies and trends. You will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within the org
- Drive company-wide design definition, specification, collaboration, and roadmap with cross-functional partners
- Lead, grow, and inspire a high-performing team of designers and design leaders towards cohesion and successful results
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Significant experience (8+ years) leading and managing product and creative design teams, including design leaders
- 15+ years experience designing digital consumer products
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse, distributed teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Solid toolkit of design software and experience designing or leading design for multiple platforms (email, push, web, iOS, Android)
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and brainstorming skills with ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity
- Passion for building scalable solutions and services, working with (and simplifying) sophisticated design systems that span multiple products.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to balance creativity with data-driven decision-making.
- Proven experience working on a cross-functional leadership team where you deeply collaborated with engineering, product, and data teams to plan and implement team roadmaps