Title: Vice President, Construction
Location: United States
Remote, United States
Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
Mynd is looking to hire an experienced, entrepreneurial, analytical, and motivated leader to drive operational effectiveness and scale its construction businesses. This leader will oversee both Renovations and Turns capabilities, and will be responsible for leading these functions through periods of fast growth. Our ideal fit will have a strong background in construction, business and team building, with operating experience in the single-family home construction space, and the capability to lead a wide scope of functions.
This role will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketplace Operations.
- Develop and scale Mynd’s Renovations and Turns capabilities by optimizing the people, process, programs and technology used to deliver those functions
- Build and manage high performing operating teams (including remote and field-based employees)
- Design and implement cross-functional material procurement programs to maximize cost savings and operational efficiency for Renovations, Turns, and reactive maintenance programs
- Optimize in-house technician capabilities to drive improved operational and financial results within Renovations and Turns programs
- Work cross-functionally to establish vendor programs and partnerships to scale the businesses
- Track and manage key performance indicators to drive operational effectiveness in a data driven way
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various teams, including Product and Technology, to establish strategic objectives to drive best-in-class operations of Renovations and Turns programs
- Lead cross functional performance review and accountability meetings
- Drive continual improvement through rigorous feedback loops with all stakeholders
- Develop operating budgets and report on variances
- Collaborate with the leadership team to provide strategic feedback on barriers to scale, and plans to overcome them
- Be a thought leader and drive critical thinking company-wide while also practicing Mynd’s core values
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree and business focus a plus
- 10+ years in a leadership role with construction project management and procurement focus
- Experience building and managing high performing operating teams (including remote and field-based employees)
- Demonstrated success in a high growth, operationally intense environment
- Proven ability to build and manage KPIs
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for real estate investing
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our Project Investor Myndset program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program