Wilmington, Delaware, United States
CRE-109 – UX Strategist
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their careers as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a UX Strategist.
ABOUT THE JOB
As Kanopi’s UX Strategist, you will be responsible for using qualitative and quantitative research to craft delightful and functional user experiences. You will be our in-house subject matter expert, often serving as the team’s advisor responsible for defining the overall UX vision throughout the entire project lifecycle.
You will lead clients through the Discovery process, including but not limited to stakeholder interviews, user feedback collection, and data analysis. Your responsibilities will encompass crafting the Discovery strategy and translating it into deliverables such as user flows, customer journey maps, competitor reviews, Information Architecture (IA), sitemaps, template identification, content strategy, and initial prototypes.
Your projects will challenge you to craft user-centered experiences and utilize a data-driven problem-solving approach. You can clearly and confidently articulate the “why” behind your decisions while balancing client desires and user needs.
This position reports to Kanopi’s Manager of Creative Services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead the entire lifecycle of user research from open-ended discovery to concept testing, including:
- IA, writing surveys, and user journeys.
- Synthesizing research techniques and data insights that lead to actionable strategic recommendations.
- Review, analyze, and provide design feedback to ensure visuals align with user and business objectives.
- Identify areas of opportunity, defining their priority for internal teams.
- Lead clients through and participate in Discovery and UX work sessions.
- Create project deliverables, including user flows, customer journey maps, IA, sitemaps, wireframes, etc.
- Contribute and collaborate with the Creative Services team to help elevate deliverables.
- Approach User Experience deliverables using an atomic design principle methodology, streamlining the user interactions for visual implementation into pattern libraries, etc.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $86,000-$122,200 – the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW… LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who have…
- 5+ years of professional experience in web and UX strategy.
- 3+ years of experience working within an agency setting, preferably remotely or with a distributed project team.
- A strong portfolio containing specific examples showcasing user research, journeys, personas, IA, and strategic UX thinking.
- The ability to translate high-level strategic concepts into easily digestible client-friendly information.
- The ability to implement a mobile-first user experience methodology.
- Inherent professionalism and responsiveness to client needs, including issues as they arise.
- General comfort context-switching between multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-time-zone environment.
- Proactive verbal and written communication skills, and can respond quickly and remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
- Curiosity and initiative to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks.
- Proven experience delivering high-quality work with an eye on time and budget.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume and a link to your portfolio.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team. Some candidates may even do a paid mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note – we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
We offer a comprehensive range of health, professional, remote workspace, and other fun benefits for all full time US and Canadian employees. For more information, see the benefits section of our careers page.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or applicants outside of the US or Canada.