Come help us imagine and create innovative products for Amazon’s Associates, managers, and leaders to support the evolution of People eXperience and Technology (PxT) Solutions. The PxT Solutions team is a two time winner for the Jeff Bezos “Just Do It” award, and is looking for a UX Researcher to help the team continue on the path of strategic innovation ensuring we’re building the best capabilities for our users.
As a UX Researcher within PxT Solutions you’ll be responsible for driving and executing research strategy directly and influencing design and product decisions. You will work closely with the UX designer, product managers, engineers, and BI analysts to understand the needs of candidates, employees and managers across Amazon’s Consumer business, worldwide.
You will craft and conduct UX research studies and you will dive deep into data to bring forward new insights that drive product innovation. To build a research-led organization, you will also empower the broader UX and product teams with guidance and tools for self-service research to contribute to your research strategy. You must be customer obsessed, creative, innovative and think differently – we do not want the status quo! You’ll need to be responsive, flexible, and able to deal with ambiguity within an open and collaborative peer environment.
You will advocate for our customers and evangelize your findings to senior leaders, stakeholders, and team members. Your most important mission is to ensure that we’re doing what’s right for Amazon employees.
Key job responsibilities
- Own the end-to-end research process, inform and execute against UX research roadmaps for core product experiences
- Identify the best method or mix of methods to address research questions, with consideration for timeline and resources
- Perform data analysis to determine key findings and recommendations
- Able to quickly turn around high-quality research and insightful reports
- Translate user insights into impactful product related and strategic recommendations
- A clear passion for making a positive impact on customers’ lives through your work
- Excellent moderation and research interview skills to conduct research
A day in the life
This UX Researcher will be working with design, and product partners closely on day-to-day basis. This researcher will be deeply involved in the UX design process to identify improvement opportunities as the go-to person for user needs. They will initiate research before asked, spend most of the time on researching planning, conducting the studies and synthesizing the insights independently. This researcher will evangelize research best practices and user-centric culture to empower product managers in cross-functional teams. More importantly, every work day is full of fun, engagement and building world class capabilities for our employees.
About the team
Are you a dynamic individual, passionate about improving employee experience? Do you lie awake at night coming up with great ideas wishing you had a team that champions innovation? Do you like the idea of impacting a worldwide workforce to turn Amazon into Earth’s best employer? If so, then Amazon’s People Experience and Technology Solutions (PxT Solutions) team could be a perfect fit for you! Amazon has one of the largest and most complex workforces and the PxT Solutions team obsess over employees by inventing on their behalf for solutions that truly matter. We don’t make decisions without listening – we capture real-anecdotes, walk the floor to uncover business problems and opportunities, gather customer feedback, iterate to improve, over and over. We’re nimble, creative and always thinking beyond the status quo – that’s why we’ve won the Jeff Bezos Award, TWICE!
- 3+ years of user research experience.
- BS in Human Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, HR, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: white papers, case studies, study design documents, reports)
- The ability to understand, analyze, and interpret complex data
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics
- Broad knowledge of research methodologies and the proven ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed result
- Experience with continuous delivery and an understanding of how to impact design and product decisions in a fast-moving and fast-changing development environment
- Knowledge of UX research, agile UX, and user-centered design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.