Title: UX Designer – Telecommute
Location: United States
Job Category: Technology
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
We are looking for a curious and passionate designer to join our design team at OptumRx. Our design team envision, define, and design thoughtful, innovative, empathetic online experiences that aim to make people’s lives easier by simplifying and supporting the prescription drug experience. We’re a close-knit and friendly team which uses highly collaborative and iterative user centered design process for solving complex user problems in healthcare.
As a UX Designer, you will build strong relationships with research product management, engineering and analytics and marketing to identify opportunities and ideate within a cross-functional design team comprised of UI Designers, Copywriters, Researchers and Front-End Developers.
This is a completely remote position that can be done from anywhere in the continental US and operates within Central Standard time zone for working hours
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of researchers, content strategists, accessibility, product managers, analytics, and business stakeholders in the creation of creative briefs, product requirements documentation and roadmaps
- Translates product, business, and technical requirements into rich engaging member experiences
- Performs the following for every project: ideation, input during reviews at all steps of the process, and creation of clear and comprehensible wireframes within specified product requirements and deadlines
- Shares work and accepts feedback on the design and refines the designs based on feedback received
- Designs with mobile first in mind and with an eye towards accessibility
- Work in an agile environment across multiple scrum teams
- Identify UX issues in other designs being shared and provides peer feedback
- Diplomatically advocates for the user and communicates informed design rational and value
- Develops new and effective interactive design solutions on time and within scope
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on experience as a user experience designer
- Experience in translating product requirements into creating user flows, information architecture diagrams and wireframes.
- Proficient using one or more design tools such as Figma, Axure, Sketch, InVision etc.
- Have a portfolio (OR) ability to walk us through recent project work to demonstrate your experience and the thought process behind your work
- Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or other related discipline
- 1+ year(s) of experience leading UX design projects
- Experience working in healthcare
- Experience with design sprints and rapid ideation
Skills / Competencies:
- Solid communication & presentation skills
- Comfortable presenting and communicating via conferencing applications
- Open to growth & development: Interest and openness to feedback and development opportunities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.