UX Designer – Remote
TrueCar is a leading automotive digital marketplace and we are on a mission to make car buying and selling easy, transparent and efficient. We work to empower consumers with data, and foster connections with our network of Certified Dealers who share our belief that truth, transparency and fairness are the foundation to a great experience. We forge partnerships to power car buying programs for some of America’s most trusted brands. And we continually innovate to provide useful tools, research, market context and pricing transparency to help consumers feel empowered and confident all throughout their journey.
As consumers’ priorities and shopping habits shifted, so did we. We are building a modern day marketplace and invite you to come join the TrueCar Crew. You can have a real & direct impact on our journey as we continue to evolve and revolutionize the car buying and selling experience. We are seeking talented individuals who are excited by our mission to revolutionize & elevate the car buying & selling experience.
About the Job:
We’re looking for an outstanding UX Designer to join the team to help shape a product that millions of consumers visit every month. You will work closely with the Product Design/User Experience team, Product leads, engineers, and executives in the development of critical TrueCar products. You will have influence on the direction of major company objectives and be expected to solve difficult design problems, cross-platform. You’ll design mobile-first, but also understand the rigors of desktop and mobile web design. You are a gifted interaction designer and have the ability to translate your vision not only into beautiful designs but into functional prototypes to demonstrate interactions and feel.
What you’ll do:
- Support Product Leads, engineers, and executives to develop compelling user experiences from beginning to end
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and transform them into something useful
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Rapidly demonstrate vision and ideas, through interactive prototyping
- Conduct thorough, frequent usability research to validate your ideas and concepts
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, stakeholders, and users to continually raise the quality of your designs – you excel at riffing on ideas with your teammates
- Keep current with advances in interaction and contemporary design patterns
What you’ll need:
- You possess a deep understanding of desktop design, including responsive and adaptive techniques
- You have at least 3 years professional UX experience shipping consumer-facing products
- You are self-motivated and passionate about solving complex problems (bonus points for loving cars)
- You internalize and care about the company strategy and vision, not just how things look
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills – you are able to defend your design decisions
- You have experience with rapid, agile, or iterative development
- You have a strong portfolio featuring examples of visual and interaction design work
- You are an expert in Sketch and are more than handy with Adobe
- You are proficient in prototyping tools including but not limited to: Sketch, Figma, InVision
- You are open to occasional travel
Nice to have:
- Experience with research tools, such as Usertesting.com, UsabilityHub.com, FullStory
- Experience and/or knowledge with code (HTML, CSS, JS) and front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
Your TrueCar Experience
As a crew member, you’ll be primarily based out of your home as a part of our Dynamic Workplace strategy. We provide additional benefits & perks to assist our crew members in having a sustainable home workstation including monthly credits for at-home food delivery, internet/mobile phone service coverage and furniture & equipment for your space.
You will receive excellent benefits that includes, but isn’t limited to: 100% employer-paid health/vision/dental premium, 401k with contribution matching, equity for eligible roles, a wellness reimbursement program, a learning & development reimbursement program, and charitable contribution matching. We recognize that everyone needs an occasional recharge, so we offer a flexible PTO policy for exempt TrueCar Crew along with a generous PTO accrual policy for non-exempt TrueCar Crew, in addition to 11 company paid holidays and 1 floating holiday. In short, we care deeply about our crew members and build employee-centric programs that prove it.
At TrueCar, we believe in the power of diversity to build a deeper understanding of our consumers and partners and drive innovation in our products. We welcome a workforce that reflects all the diversity of car buying consumers. We encourage everyone interested in our company mission to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that is protected by applicable law. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable law. In addition, TrueCar will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
TrueCar does not accept unsolicited agency submissions.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
*** While this position is open to remote work through TrueCar’s Dynamic Workplace initiative, applicants may not reside in Colorado. Colorado candidates will be required to relocate. ***