As a member of the Customer Experience Department with the mantra of “empowering teams with the problems to solve,” the UX designer will sit on the Human Centered Design team within the CX dept and work closely with the two other branches: Experience and Voice of Customer Teams. The UX Designer must be a driver & champion of customer experience evolution. He/She is a critical resource to evangelize customer problems through user research, design strategy and experimentation for lending, insurance and deposits marketplaces. Prioritizing customer research and honing design practices such as rapid sketching, interactive prototyping and other Agile and Lean product philosophies of integrating customer learnings into the product development process.
Although your primary function is that of a top tier UX expert, you prioritize empathizing with customers, you have an eye for design and are well aware of design and tech trends and limitations. UX designers are embedded in a cross functional “pod” of product managers, analysts, development resources, and project management team members align to a company initiative and driven by measurable objective and key result. As such you will conduct ongoing user research and experiments to develop an instinctual knowledge of our users’ behavior for assigned vertical.
- Lead with design and customer -centricity philosophy
- With support of the CX leadership team, educate and persuade cross functional team members and initiative stakeholders on the value of user research, design thinking, human centered design measuring design contributions to the business
- Invest in ongoing skill development (research, design, experimentation, etc)
- Experience leveraging variety of user research practices: Guerilla user research, co-creation with customers, surveys, customer interviews, user stories and epics, usability testing, personas and user research, user/customer journeys
- Leading design strategy including trendspotting & foresight research, lean style experiments (dry tests, 404 tests, landing pages), vision artifacts (storyboards, videos), tracking financial KPIs such as revenue, market and competitive analysis
- Portfolio of experimentation: measurement and reporting design outcomes, monitoring user behavior and satisfaction, beta tests, A/B and multivariant testing, concept testing
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders
- Work with internal customers to determine project goals and deliverable timeframes
- Work with our CX Experience Team to create user personas and do ongoing field research
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is a graduate from a 4-year school with a user behavior, psychology or design degree (or close equivalent) and over 7+ years of experience in interaction design for software, mobile and/or web applications with a customer-centric focus, leveraging emergent technologies, design, and other relevant interactive media
- Has a portfolio or a list of stellar web sites and other digital interfaces where you can demonstrate excellent self-evident user interfaces and customer behavior-driven decision making
- Has strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills and significant experience working cross functionally – should be able to collaborate closely with Product, Marketing and Technology peers as a key creative partner
- A thorough understanding of user interface design patterns, contemporary user-centered design methodologies, and standard UCD methodologies is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Obsessed with putting the customer at the center of the business and everything you do
- Is able to work in a fast-paced team environment and juggle multiple projects at once
- Can funnel constructive criticism into new ideas
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.