UX Designer (REMOTE)
USA CA – San Diego Bldg A&B
job requisition id
Job Description Summary
In this role as a hybrid UX Designer (75%) with some Research (25%), you will be highly collaborative with all members of your product discovery and design team, especially with the lead human factors engineer, product owner, quality, regulatory and software leads, and fellow UXD members. You can handle with ease multiple research and project workstreams while being able to deliver on-time with high quality. You perform tasks independently while being mentored and guided by more senior researchers. You can clearly articulate research and project goals and objectives. You understand and can communicate the needs and pains of the user groups which are formulated through personas incorporating both internal and end users. 75% Design and 25% Research
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- Form a trusted relationship with the lead human factors engineer and the product team.
- Partner and gain trust with your project’s industrial designer to inform design decisions through research outcomes. Ideas and solutions should be collectively formed.
- Recruit, facilitate and gather actionable data and insights via remote workshops while using the collaboration tool Miro.
- Lead the design effort utilizing the existing software guidelines and standards to deliver in multiple media which includes cloud-based web and mobile UI, instructional documents and packaging.
- Create test plans, screeners, moderate and report out on multiple usability tests, card sorts or ethnographic observations with internal users/SMEs, leveraging existing templates and processes.
The organizational structure:
- You will report to the Manager of User Experience, as overseen by the Director of User Experience in the Software Technology Solutions group within Medication Management Solutions.
- You will partner daily with the product owner, development leads, quality engineers, clinical SMEs and fellow interaction designers and human factors engineers.
Situational needs and challenges:
- Mac proficient or PC proficient with demonstrated efficiency in the following applications: Adobe Acrobat; Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, OneDrive; Miro (or like workshopping tools).
Activities / Deliverables
- Service design/blueprinting, User stories, User needs analysis, Validation testing, Concept reviews, Ethnography, Card sorting,Journey mapping,Transcription,Participantscreeningand recruitment, Creating testing plans, materials and reports.
- Design leader – be able to develop unique conceptual ideas/thinking without the need for input from others. Ability to partner on and conduct user interviews, moderate studies (of at least 5 users per study), knowledge of usability testing processes (remote and in-person) and creating report outs from validation tests.
- Collaborative – Create trust and gain respect from the PO and Development leads. Use concise and strong communication, do not speak in circles. You are open-minded and stay curious about the possibilities.
- Confident – be able to communicate the reason and thinking behind how and when to apply the right research method, human factors and ergonomic functions. Knowledge of how to take a hazard analysis and user needs documents to determine what type of testing/tasks are needed. Act decisively and independently, knowing when to ask for help, and when to be your own critic.
- Problem solver – be able to provide multiple, differentiated solutions to a single problem. Ability to flex when ideas are challenged. Shows initiative and demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Partner – proven success partnering with team members to deliver high-quality, on-time deliverables with evolving requirements within short-timeframes. Maintain a ‘we, not I’ mentality when things get tough. Adaptable and demonstrates accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in User Interface Design, Human Factors or Cognitive Science, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working as a human factors engineer, researcher and designer.
- Remote. Full time: 40 hours per week.
- Travel not required at this time.
- Prior working experience in the medical industry is a plus, but not required.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.