Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name Messari came from the Franciscan monks who declared “clean books” a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via “trust but verify” methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That’s what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
As Messari’s first user researcher you will be responsible for helping us better understand our users and drive key product insights. You’ll be working directly with experienced product managers, marketing managers and software engineers. You will do so by conducting and exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods. Your research will help us create useful new products and features as well as continually innovate on our existing products.
As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
What you’ll do.
- Define, plan, and execute impactful research on multiple aspects of Messari’s products and experiences throughout different stages of the product life cycle
- Apply rigorous and innovative mixed-method research techniques to collect and analyze our users’ behavior. (e.g. interviews, focus groups, surveys, A/B testing, observation studies, etc.)
- Create and maintain Journey Maps, Personas, and User Flows
- Inform and participate in product decisions on a strategic and tactical level
- Synthesize user research, share insights and collaborate closely with product, marketing and engineering teams
- Scale our User Research tools & processes
Who you are.
- Minimum 1-2 years in User Research or Product Management, ideally in a tech company
- Capacity to juggle with both quantitative & qualitative data (interviews, surveys, user tests etc) & synthesize it into an actionable recommendation
- Desire to stand up and advocate for a user focused approach to product development while keeping business needs in mind
- Strong Interest in crypto and Web3
Nice to haves.
- 2-4 years’ experience as an effective technical writer in software products
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong Interest in crypto and Web3
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- FSA, Life Insurance, Virtual Health,
- WeWork All Access Pass
- $500 for anything you need to build your home setup
- Flexible Time Off – Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Mental Health Therapy via TalkSpace & Health Advocacy
- Invest in your future with our 401K and equity options
- Maternity/Paternity Leave – We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 12 weeks for Maternity / 4 weeks for Paternity
- Get paid in Crypto!
- When the company succeeds, so do you! We often do airdrops of crypto to encourage you to explore and grow in this industry.
- Community – Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up!
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.