Employer: Aten Design Group
Aten Design Group is seeking a skilled UX Strategist to join our team. UX Architects and Strategists collaborate closely across teams to conduct end-to-end user research translating it into high-level recommendations and strategies for clients. They have the ability to expertly communicate complex topics to a non-technical audience. They easily navigate collaboration with a cross-functional team, are self-motivated, highly organized, and flexible on their approach based on client needs. This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based and authorized to work in the United States.
Founded in 2000, Aten Design Group is a web strategy, design, and development company serving a broad range of clients making a positive impact on societies around the world. We work on complex communications and data projects for organizations like Stanford University, Human Rights Watch, Colorado Public Radio, and many others. We are dedicated to creating meaningful user experiences, rooted in powerful open-source solutions, especially Drupal. Aten Design Group is headquartered in beautiful Denver, CO with a distributed workforce in many time zones.
You love the web, content, and understanding people. You think critically about communication and are passionate about telling stories. You are a strong communicator who excels at collaboration with both Aten team members and clients. You are very organized and can balance priorities. You believe the user comes first and have established audiences and personas as a way to understand users. You have experience architecting content using sitemaps, wireframes, and functional prototypes. You have used testing tools to evaluate and ensure your work is meeting user needs.
About the Position
- You will be working with some of the most impactful cause-driven organizations to help them use technology and design to achieve their mission and create meaningful connections with their users.
- You will work with clients to establish clear goals, understand user needs, and evaluate their content.
- Using this knowledge, you will be responsible for defining the vision for the product and structuring content in a way that works toward those goals and user needs.
- You will test and evaluate our work to ensure its success.
- You will collaborate with designers and developers, communicating key information to other team members.
- You will work closely with our project management, design, and engineering teams throughout the full lifecycle of the project.
- Your participation in client presentations will include articulating findings and selling your creative ideas based on your research.
Well qualified candidates will have experience in the following:
- A minimum of 3 years of facilitating and running user experience research using industry tools and techniques.
- A minimum of 3 years translating research into high-level recommendations to clients regarding their digital strategy.
- A minimum of 3 years of implementing strategy recommendations
- Analyzing and visualizing relationships between information/data in order to structure content effectively.
- Setting and adjusting expectations around the estimated time required to complete strategy and architecture tasks.
- Providing/receiving feedback on strategy and architecture work from other team members and clients.
- Communicating the role strategy and architecture play in projects.
- Designing an information structure that is centered around user needs, aligned with client business goals that are technically feasible and fit within the budget.
- Analyzing, organizing, and prioritizing work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Collaborating with team members and clients to maintain effective and positive relationships.
- Working and communicating with people from different disciplines and backgrounds who have varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ensuring a product delivers on the desired outcome by managing a product backlog
- Working with stakeholders to write and prioritize user stories and features.
- Planning the structure of digital content for modern content management systems, like Drupal and WordPress.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing systems by analyzing user feedback, research findings, and leading practices.
- Conducting quality assurance (QA) testing to ensure the implementation is in line with the proposed architecture and design.
Nice to haves:
- Agency experience
- Experience organizing data for use in data visualizations
Compensation and Benefits
We think we have one of the best workplaces on the planet. Here are a few reasons why:
- Exempt, annual salary $85k – $110k based on location, skills, knowledge, and experience
- Generous unlimited PTO policy
- Flexible working hours
- 3% matching Retirement Plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular in-person company summits
Aten Design Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe the strongest teams are built when they are composed of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We consider all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Location: Denver, CO