Title: User Experience Researcher
What you’ll do
In a few words
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning.
You will uncover user insights, inform design decisions, and forge new opportunities to improve business and product outcomes through the rigorous study of people. Your responsibility is to inform product owners, designers, and developers, so together, we can create the best user experiences for our enterprise applications. This is it! Pat yourself on the back and hug your eternally curious, problem-solving heart, because as UX Researcher insert cool noun here your job is to design and perform research that will facilitate and help shape the design process. You will represent our commitment to user-centricity by carefully gathering insights from our internal and external users, so the final experience is ultimately improved.
The fundamentals for the job
- Collect and analyze user behavior through field studies, contextual inquiries, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and usability studies.
- Identify insights and opportunities, understand user needs, and test potential design solutions.
- Define and measure UX metrics with use of technical tools for the analysis of that data.
- Generate insights that informs short-term to long-term product strategy.
- Translate insights into actionable recommendations with design concepts like user personas, journey maps, mindsets, service blueprints, and wireframes.
- Share research findings to diverse teams through written reports and oral presentations.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, designers, product managers, and developers on research activities, discovery sessions, empathy workshops, ideation workshops, and testing of new concepts.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered).
- 2+ years of experience as a User Experience Researcher.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- You ride change with ease and help others adjust better.
- Ability to deal with large amounts of complexity and ambiguity.
- Your attention to detail is better than Sherlock’s and your organizational skills are legendary.
- Your customer service game is extraordinary, and you desire to challenge and be challenged.
- Fast-paced is your slowest speed.
- You can communicate effectively (read, speak, write, daydream, make wishes, be offended by comments on Twitter, make jokes, etc.) in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of UI Design products like Figma is a plus.
- Experience in Lean and Scrum environments are a plus.
- Experience in Miro is a Must and in Dovetail a Plus
That something extra we d love to see
- Empathetic – As a natural born empath, your default status is inclusion. You know how to connect and communicate with very different audiences, and are aware of those who feel left out, quickly drawing them into the team dynamic.
- Questioning – You live for questions. If you haven’t tattooed why? somewhere in your body yet, you’re probably thinking about it. A firm believer that there are no stupid questions, you love to ask them and get answers. To you, life is an eternal learning curve and that makes you truly happy.
- Logical – You are on an eternal quest for reasons, causes, and effects. Understanding how things work is as necessary as the air you breathe. Your objectivity lets you think about all the factors that affect a situation. If things don’t make logical sense to you, then they must be nonsense.
- Analytical – You wear a spyglass on your sleeve, examining past, present, and possible futures more intensely than Dr. Strange. Your frequent overanalyzing is one of your trademarks and it helps you foresee things to your advantage.
- Passionate – You fall in love with ideas and projects, which is why you put your heart into everything you do and add a little extra. Your positive energy boosts the team and infuses your efforts with an iron will. The record shows you can sell a lighter to the Devil.
- Solution-seeker – Let’s just admit you like problems, but not because you’re some sort of drama nerd, you just love SOLVING problems in comprehensive ways that consider both internal and external needs. Once you find the root of a problem, you won’t hesitate to yank it out.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not this time currently sponsor employment visas
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.