Employer: SportsEngine / NBC Sports Group
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a UX Designer to join our Product team to deliver our strategic growth goals by improving existing products and creating new products.
In this highly visible position, the UX Designer is responsible for the user experience strategy for their product team. Reporting directly to the UX Manager, this person will be part of the UX team within the Product Development department and will be responsible for delivering great products that meet our company goals and exceed our customers expectations.
As a member of the UX team at SportsEngine, you will…
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle while embedded on a product team with a dedicated domain. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way. You have the ability to present your work, align multiple stakeholders, and consider all feedback critically
- Produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-Fi sketches and wireframes
- Let youth sports administrators and volunteers lead the way. Our users inform us where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people
- Contribute to the collaborative culture of our design team
- 1+ years of UX/UI Design, Product Design, Graphic Design, or marketing based Design role experience working on consumer and business web applications
- Someone who can prioritize and execute.
- You are comfortable optimizing for speed and knowing when we should sweat the details vs what we can fix forward
- Have a sense of humor & no ego
- You have strong opinions, loosely held
- Deeply passionate about improving the lives of youth sports administrators, coaches, parents and athletes. This is just a bonus, but if you’ve worked or participated with youth sports in the past, whether professionally or in your personal life, we’ll be even more excited to add you to our team.
- You have a proven track record to efficiently execute and quickly adapt without a lot of direct supervision, and if you ever have downtime, it’s easy for you to determine how to fill it with something useful
- Someone with a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through feedback