*This position can be located anywhere in the U.S.*
We are looking for a talented User Experience Designer with experience creating engaging, interactive, and thoughtful visual design for digital experiences, in addition to guiding both user research and front-end web development, by understanding the needs of the user and focusing on best practices in user experience, technical excellence, performance and accessibility. The User Experience Designer will play a crucial role in collaborating with stakeholders to develop and improve the customer journey by utilizing customer research, feedback and analytics.
The successful candidate must be creative, collaborative, common-sense driven, and posses an innate passion and curiosity for the digital space. The individual must be a self-starter with strong communication skills, and be able to multitask across different disciplines.
- Create wireframes, journey maps, functional specifications, high-fidelity designs and HTML prototypes based on business requirements, user research and user feedback.
- Contribute to the development and ensure implementation of design system, brand and accessibility standards on all digital projects.
- Collaborate with internal and external designers, developers and stakeholders to solve problems elegantly and effectively.
- Be the voice of our customers and advocate for the best user experience.
- Keep current with digital trends and recommend/advocate innovative opportunities that benefit Rockwell Automation through attending conferences, marketing communities or professional affiliation group(s).
- Conduct design reviews with peers and stakeholders, giving and receiving feedback to improve the overall design and align to standards.
- Help establish, improve, promote, and institutionalize design systems, standards, practices and reusable components.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in visual communication, user experience, design or a related discipline required OR equivalent demonstrated experience and expertise.
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 3+ years of professional experience within a design or development environment.
- Strong knowledge of design tools including: Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and similar applications.
- Technical experience with HTML, CSS and browser dev tools.
- Experience with user-centered design techniques, principles, and practices and how to apply them.
- Understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Experience designing for progressive web applications and mobile platforms (iOS/Android).
- Experience with responsive web design, personalization strategies and working within a CMS and custom coded environments.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience designing for accessibility and search engine optimization.
- Knowledge of analytics, reporting, tag management and event tracking.
- Proficiency with version control, code management and content delivery tools.
- UX design certification or education.
- Experience in internationalization and cross-cultural design desired.