Location: United States
Facet is a fully remote FinTech company with a mission to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice that elevates expectations across consumers and the industry.
We believe that unbiased, personalized financial advice that integrates into every facet of life is essential to living well. People’s financial lives are dynamic and ever-evolving, so we cover everything money touches–from starting a business to buying real estate to your investments and much more. Facet believes financial advice should be delivered with a fresh, human-plus-tech approach, that includes a CFP® professional–the highest certification possible.
As a UI Designer at Facet, you will own the high-fidelity design phase of our development process. The full scope of these features will bring our user experience to life for consumers & our internal users.
- Work closely with Product Managers & UX Designs to implement our design solutions.
- Review UX direction and provide critical/relevant UI feedback/input.
- Design & prototype buildable UI for our development teams (in various methods) to validate its effectiveness and iterate.
- Present your designs to stakeholders (ranging from C-Suite to Client).
- Perform & observe user tests of your built prototypes.
- Evolve our design system and component driven development.
- Ability to self-start – you dive into or seek out feedback, gather data & feedback to find room for improvement and take it on.
- 3-5+ years of experience of UI design.
- Strong portfolio of beautiful shipped desktop, tablet & mobile designs.
- Creating designs balanced with many requirements such as: business objectives, multi-device usability, accessibility, technical feasibility, branding alignment, and industry best-in-class.
- Professional communication across various teams & external parties, including communication skills pertaining to presenting and collecting feedback on UI prototypes and static designs.
- Strong typography, color theory, and compositional skills.
- Advanced prototyping skills.
- Obsessive attention to design detail.
- Ability to use data to inform design decisions.
- Expert level user of Adobe’s Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator) – we’re open & willing to work with Figma, Sketch or equivalent expertise.
- Ability to build and grow a design system (and manage those complexities across our Product & Engineering teams).
- Desire and ability to work both independently and in a design collaboration setting.
- Team player mentality to assist with design across the organization (sometimes we need to nail a slide deck or provide assets across other business units).
- Experience with creating HTML & dynamic prototypes using a combination of open-source CMSs or hand-coded solutions, or a strong willingness to learn these techniques.
- Experience with Motion/Interaction design.
- Understanding of front-end development and how to utilize that into designing UI grounded in buildable code.
- Understanding of or experience with the financial services industry.
Perks & Benefits:
- $80,000 – $120,000 annual salary + bonus determined based on experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant. Please note, our salary ranges are based on current market data. Should you feel strongly that we are not in line, we highly recommend you to reach out and let us know. We are always looking to improve on building the best place for employees.
- Unlimited PTO
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid parental leave.
- Certification reimbursement program.
- Work from anywhere in the US.