Test Automation Engineer
Category Information Technology
Type Regular Full-Time
At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website: www.criterion-sys.com.
Criterion Systems, Inc., is seeking a Test Automation Engineer to support a USDA contract. The contract supports a variety of customers with DEVOPS, DEVSECOPS, and Architecture support.
As an active participant on a scrum team, the candidate is responsible to create manual and automated test scenarios for all aspects of quality assurance. The candidate must be proficient with automation and testing tools. This role works closely with software engineers, fellow QA engineers, and User Interface/User Experience professionals. Must have the ability to work collaboratively and knowledgeably with the Scrum team. The candidate documents and works to resolve problems, reports progress on problem resolution, devises improvements to current procedures, and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Follow an Agile Scrum process.
- Perform manual testing and document bugs.
- Create step-by-step manual test scripts in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Perform various types of testing including manual, automated, exploratory, Blackbox, performance and accessibility (Section 508).
- Create test scenarios using BDD process in Gherkin forma.t
- Work with popular test automation frameworks and tools, i.e., Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Work with popular development tools: Intellij, Eclipse, or VSCode.
- Deploy test automation to continuous integration environment and to ensure test results are delivered in appropriate ways.
- Setup and configuration of a Linux environment on a virtual environment.
- Participate in daily scrum meeting and all other sprint ceremonies.Qualifications
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- Extensive experience in black box manual and/or exploratory testing
- Extensive experience in testing web applications
- Proven experience developing test plans and test cases from requirements/design
- Ability to document QA procedures for the team
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Extensive experience with functional, system, regression, and integration testing
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and report status
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Selenium, Protractor, JUnit and TestNG
- Experience with POM and PageFactory design patterns
- Experience with Rest Assured, or other similar API test automation
- Experience with JMeter
- Experience with virtual environments, i.e., VMware, Virtual Box, etc.
- Knowledge of the following areas a plus:
- Linux – RedHat (RHEL 7) CLI commands
- Accessibility: Section 508
- Hands-on experience in working on complex distributed applications, understanding large complex environments, and knowledge of requirements-based testing.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and documentation skills.
Criterion Systems, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination at all levels of our organization. We believe in treating all applicants and employees fairly and make employment decisions without regard to any individual’s protected status: race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex/gender, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), age, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit https://careers-criterion-sys.icims.com/.