Primary Job Responsibilities:
- The Technology Architect is responsible for managing the monthly projects of a small team of Desktop Technology Support staff and ensuring the satisfactory performance of the Technology Support function at the site.
- This position ensures the successful delivery of high quality technology support services for Kaplan while improving the service of the group and performance of the team.
- Leads the project activities of remote based team of Technology Support Professionals
- Disseminate technical knowledge via weekly conferences and written documentation to colleagues.
- Evaluates new information systems products or services.
- Recommends changes to existing products or services.
- Trains new Technology Support Professionals as needed or required.
- Utilizes best practices to establish a campus technology architecture including but not limited to a managed desktop, imaging, desktop security, and hardware standardization.
- Provides local support to end users as needed or requested.
- Manage the breakdown, relocation and set-up of workstations to accommodate user relocations, site relocation, site re-models and new location installations as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.).
- 4+ years of experience of technical expertise related to building and maintaining HP and Dell workstation hardware, peripherals, HP printers and Windows Operating Systems.
- CP or MCSE
- Proven experience with on-site troubleshooting of work station hardware and software issues
- Familiarity with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficient in both written and oral communications.
- Proven ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Proven attention to detail and organizational skills. Desire and ability to lead and direct staff.
- Programming, design and systems engineering experience is a plus