About Bitfocus, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Bitfocus, Inc. is changing the way communities nationwide integrate software, systems, data, and policy to innovate and strengthen the nation’s social safety net. We develop software and administer data systems that affect and change lives, connecting our most vulnerable populations to the most effective resources available in their communities. Our products empower organizations and communities to better leverage their resources, helping them to become data-driven in their efforts in all areas of health, human, and social services.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a remote organization; this will be a work-from-home position.
This position is part-time, approximately 25 hours per week.
About Our Technical Support Team (TST):
The Technical Support Team is a team of skilled and talented individuals united and dedicated to delivering the 11-Star Experience through support and service to users of Bitfocus software. We apply our individual and collective knowledge, experience, and passion to deliver effective solutions to all those that we support; including each other.
The TST supports users and administrators of Clarity Human Services as subject matter experts of the software. We provide service through multiple channels including email, phone, and chat. We value excellence in support, deep knowledge and testing of our new and existing software features and perpetually exceeding expectations!
Our Core Values
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
As the primary point of contact for customers, technical support plays a critical role in the overall customer experience. Receiving many stressful and ad-hoc tasks daily, both technical and emotional intelligence is crucial to providing effective support to Bitfocus customers.
The Tier 1 Technical Support Agent provides entry-level troubleshooting and backend analysis to resolve basic to intermediate requests.
As the Tier 1 Technical Support Agent, you will:
- Research, develop, and deploy solutions to new and emerging issues – escalating to tier 2 agents when appropriate
- Advance your knowledge of features, application, and advantages of Bitfocus software and professional services
- Provide general support including basic HUD and Federal Partner reporting and Clarity Human Services Data Analysis (Looker).
- Complete special tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager or Shift Lead
- Serve as a technical resource for user documentation
- Participate in mid-level pre-release sprint testing and QA/QC procedures in collaboration with the development team for product testing and evaluation
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and deliver change initiatives to support these opportunities
You will love this position if you are:
- Team Player. Success as a Technical Support Agent requires seamless coordination with the broader efforts of the team and company.
- Tech Savvy. You have strong technical chops, with a deep understanding of databases and data analysis.
- Committed Advocate. You believe in the ability of strong data systems to transform lives and are committed to helping communities share that vision.
- Clear Communicator. Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills are a must.
- Analytical. You bring a process-oriented mindset that continuously looks for better ways of doing things.
- Creative Problem Solver. You bring innovative, out-of-the-box solutions to complex problems and unique use cases.
- Multitasker. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Required experience that drives success in this role:
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing support role
- Degree or certification in computer science or information technology or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for customer service
What makes you stand out:
In addition to being a customer-oriented individual with strong time management skills and a responsive leading style, the following skills and experience will help you shine in this role.
- Familiarity or expertise in Clarity Human Services functionality
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant industry standards – including HMIS specifications and reporting
- Experience working on a completely remote team
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
How will Bitfocus support you:
- Robust onboarding and training support
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development