Technical Support Specialist, Advanced Support
Location: United States, Remote
We are looking for a Senior-level technical support specialist to join our growing support team. The Smartling Technical Support team provides exceptional technical support to our customers and platform users. This team is responsible for managing, resolving, and preventing problems by providing consistent, top-notch customer service and product expertise. You will be responsible for handling the resolution of advanced technical support issues and acting as an escalation point for our level-one support team. In this role you will collaborate daily with our wider support team on ticket resolution, and directly handle escalated tickets, working with engineering, IT and product teams to report bugs, and troubleshoot advanced technical issues for our customers. You will also work closely with our technical documentation team to ensure regular updates to knowledge bases are maintained in line with advanced technical support queries and product updates.
You’re a great match if you are quick to learn a new product, analytical, can work well under pressure, and are driven to help customers solve problems.
Smartling exists to translate the world’s digital content. Why is this important? Life is powered by words. They are used to engage consumers online, in products and throughout our lives in all corners of the globe. And since it takes 45 languages to reach 95% of the world’s online GDP, content translation is of increasing importance across the enterprise. Join Smartling (since 2009) to help grow and support our 1,000+ customers who move the world with words.
- Provide best-in-class technical support via channels such as email, phone, and chat
- Diagnose and solve customer problems, escalating when necessary
- Troubleshoot software and network issues using tools like Splunk, FullStory, Chrome Developer Tools, cURL and Postman
- Direct users to relevant product documentation and resources as questions arise, empowering customers to be better Smartling users
- Identify gaps in resources and documentation to support future issue deflection
- Collaborate across teams, including Customer Success, Solution Architecture, Engineering and Product to solve problems and support our customers
- Plan, organize, and prioritize your work
- Advocate for product improvement and change
- Proactively contribute to process and service quality improvement
- Third level technical education via degree or certification
- Demonstrated experience working in a B2B customer support role and delivering against key support KPIs
- Ability to make decisions to provide quick and accurate resolutions to users
- Ability to explain complex problems in simple terms
- A desire to deliver a best-in-class customer support experience
- Customer-centric mindset and an affinity to solve problems
- Capacity to empathize with users in a way that demonstrates you care about their issue and can be relied on to solve it
- Experience troubleshooting web applications and technology
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience with web development tools, such as Firebug and Chrome Developer Tools
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member*
Preferred but not required
- Experience with web servers such as Nginx
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) such as Adobe AEM, WordPress and Contentful
- Experience with customer service/ticketing platforms, such as Zendesk
- Experience with translation, localization, and internationalization processes
- Results-focused. Center on professional and personal growth
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker
- An analytical thinker. If there is a problem I have a solution attitude
- Strategic. Translates high-level strategies into practical implementation strategies
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all time
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail
- A Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom – we are remote first
- Growth – an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth – we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness – medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance – flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture – an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus – employee referral program and apple equipment
We are considering candidates based in US Central or Eastern time zones at this time.
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications.
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.