Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what’s next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.=
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Technical Support Senior Engineer has the overall responsibility of maintaining and executing a cloud migration strategy solution with our client, cross-service teams, and third-party partners. The Technical Support Senior engineer will need to understand the adoption challenges maintaining a Unified Communication infrastructure within a Federally Certified Cloud environment.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technical Support Senior engineer has the responsibilities for maintaining, configuration, daily operation and upgrading of Core Avaya Aura Products including System Manager, Session Manager, Communication Manager, Media Server, Application Enablement (AES), Avaya Aura Device Services, Avaya Session Border Controller Enterprise, Avaya Web Gateway, Avaya Conferencing and Avaya Presence and IX Messaging. Contact Center Products (Elite) SIP Trunks and SIP Endpoints in an FedRAMP environment.
Perform discovery of customer telephony environments for configuration and requirements gathering. Lead active deployment of Avaya Aura UC/CC systems. Develop and implement dial plans, dial plan migration in session manager and communications manager, call routing plan, vectors, VDN’s, IVR scripts. Use Provision to export, modify and import dial plans. Configure voice gateways. Configure and Implement internal CA certificates throughout the applications deployed for the customer. Troubleshoot L2/3 level incidents on core AVAYA products. Participate in P1/P2 escalation calls and provide customer timely updates. Open tickets and manage escalations with AVAYA and/or other manufacturers if necessary.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS)
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
- Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Accountable and dependable
- Full Time
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Limited customer in person meetings.
- US Citizen
- Meet the personnel security requirements and undergo background checks as defined by FedRAMP
- FedRAMP Moderate baseline, the FedRAMP+ CEs related to personnel security, and DoD personnel security policies.
- Availability to work Night and Weekends
- Minimum 5 years minimum UC/CC Engineer experience, or combination of a Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, computer science or related field PLUS at least 2 years UC Engineer experience. Proven expertise with System Manager, Session Manager, Communication Manager. 5+ years hands-on leadership of voice projects and teams related to Avaya Aura UC/CC deployments. 2+ years Avaya Aura System Manager 7.x., Avaya Aura Session Manager 7.x, Avaya Aura Communications Manager and CC Elite 7.x, and Avaya Aura Media Server 7.x. 3+ years Avaya Voice Gateways include G650, G450 and G430. 3+ years voice protocols such MGCP, H323, SIP, SIP Trunks, 3+ years complex dial plan configuration in Session Manager and Communication Manager, 3+ years call handler, auto-attendants and attendant console, 3+ years ProVision configuration tools for adding and updating configuration.
- 5 – 6 years of experience and a Bachelor degree or equivalent, or 4 years of experience and a Master degree or equivalent
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Master degree or equivalent experience