Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we’re on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support our customers’ use of the Twilio Flex platform.
You will focus on providing friendly, professional customer service, while problem solving and communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone, email and chat mediums. You have advanced time management skills, the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to increase efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems
- Leverage your experience with troubleshooting and resolving Quality of Service (QoS) issues.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack.
- Report reproducible bugs and review our internal knowledge base to stay up to speed with industry shifts and standards.
- Work with your manager to surface customer problems to assist in process betterments.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of Technical Customer Support experience preferred
- A proven history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- A good understanding of OOP is necessary.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Schedule: ability to work non-standard hours, including weekends, and on shift-based schedules as required. Tuesday – Saturday shift in Eastern or Central time zones.
This role will be remote in the US.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.