Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
Project managers at Confluent lead strategic and impactful initiatives as a force-multiplier focused on increasing execution efficiency. As a”‘go-to” person, they are instrumental in guiding the seamless transition from big picture to details while navigating tight timelines. They facilitate cohesive collaboration within and across organizations by providing operational discipline, identifying and mitigating dependencies and risks and forging strong relationships through effective communication.
What You Will Do:
- Define, build, own, and establish content tracking processes, including the steps and dependencies required to support content creation and associated tasks within the Developer Experience subteams. Build relationships across cross-functional teams by managing effective communication with external and internal partners
- Based on Developer Experience OKRs, create and publish a plan for achieving OKR results and establishing new content programs
- Work with the leadership team to define OKRs for the next quarter
- Track the execution of the Developer Experience subteams against your plan. Incorporate non-OKR specific objectives where relevant
- Work with Developer Experience leaders to ensure OKRs are met and expectations are appropriately managed where they fall short
- Where objectives interface with other teams, manage that interface to ensure that work progresses smoothly on both sides to achieve the stated results
- Provide regular status updates to ensure the team’s progress is visible within Developer Experience, with key stakeholders, and with the executive team. Understand company structure to ensure review/sign-off takes place in a timely manner
What You Will Bring:
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic work environment and is able to effortlessly juggle and prioritize multiple projects
- Minimum 3–5 years of experience as a project or program manager, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to understand designs, challenges, and risks in order to provide timely recommendations and drive decisions
- Solid organizational and project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities without losing sight of the most important initiatives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to be able to influentially drive alignment among stakeholders while ensuring execution accountability across teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a strong team player who can motivate teams across diverse job functions to form an effective execution synergy and clearly document and articulate goals, requirements, timelines, resources, and risk within and across cross-functional teams
- Digital marketing or content marketing experience is a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.