Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Do you want to build a fast-paced and exciting career in IT? As part of the TechOps team, our Support Specialist will drive productivity, efficiency, and reliability in a rapidly-growing, agile organization. You’ll interact with both people and technology to support Trupanion’s Revenue IT systems. As a tireless multitasker, you will be responsible for the testing and support of highly available, scalable software products and services. Join us if you want to help loving, responsible pet owners care for their pets!
Candidates for this position have the option of working remotely from anywhere in the United States, or out of our Seattle Office depending on their preference.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support mission-critical internal and partner-facing applications by investigating user-reported issues, documenting clear steps to reproduce issues, and providing clear, concise case history
- Use superb communication skills, both oral and written, to effectively communicate and collaborate with front-end application users, IT professionals, vendor partners, and internal teams. Provide exemplary customer service using audience-appropriate information through various methods, including live chat
- Build and execute test plans to proactively identify issues for both new features and production issues
- Create a knowledge base with a goal of making users more efficient and self-sufficient over time
- Collaborate with product owners to address impactful issues in future releases
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification/Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in technical support or equivalent skills and knowledge
- Proven ability in QA or UAT operations
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Passionate about solving business problems in a fast-paced environment with a willingness and desire to increase knowledge base. Inquisitive nature, willing to research and find solutions to complex issues
- Results-oriented individual who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust within all levels of the organization, including third-party vendor/partners and customers
- Strong organizational and project management skills with experience maintaining multiple projects with competing priorities in a calm and efficient manner
- Self-motivated, driven, passionate, and confident while working independently with minimal direction
- Good communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.