CGI is seeking a Technical Architect to join our team!
You will be responsible for ensuring the technical architecturesâ€”platform, application, and dataâ€”are developed and applied consistently.
Responsible for ensuring technical standards and best practices are implemented consistently and is authorized to make decisions about the day-to-day execution of assigned tasks.
Provide leadership in general project management activities as well as oversight and guidance in other areas of the project including testing and implementation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Define, design, update, and document the necessary physical and logical technical architecture
- Participate in the gathering of information in technical architecture discussions and sessions
- Lead the planning, development, configuration, and execution of the configuration and development of the system infrastructure to meet the project scope and requirements
- Primary focus on Solution configuration, such as reports, interface development, and other tailoring activities
- Oversees Infrastructure staff and the installation of hardware and software
- Manage day-to-day activities of the technical staff
- Analyze requirements from a technical perspective and develop solutions to meet the identified requirements
- Lead the team in addressing the technical requirements for the solution for software performance and reliability
- Resolve and manage assigned issues and risks
- Authorized to make team-level decisions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years proven experience as a Technical Architect or Project Manager
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- 10+ years of experience in virtualization / cloud technologies
- 5+ years of organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors, create purchase requisitions, manage hardware/software maintenance contracts.
- Position requires the ability to be flexible, and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid understanding of Client/Server Architecture. Understanding of virtualization, Windows / Unix server platforms, and storage (EMC) in a large-scale enterprise environment or large datacenter environment.
- Strong .NET background
- Ability to create/modify processes to increase the efficiency of complex operations.
- Be detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks at the same time.
- Good communication skills are required.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only):Â $84K-$170K*
At CGI we call our professionals â€œmembersâ€ to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
- Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
- Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
- Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Project Management
- Technical Architecture
- Virtualization Technologies