Employer: US Foods
The Technical Architect is a practical position that involves leading the project implementations from a technological perspective. The position demands direct interaction with management, project managers, and technical teams. The Technical Architect provides technical designs, implementation, guidance, and training to the implementation teams as well as ensuring that implementations follow the best practice configuration principles.
The work is completed 100% remote anywhere in the continental United States.
- Providing the technical connection between management, the project managers, and developers.
- Providing technical guidance for team members.
- Working with teammates and advising them on key architectural decisions concerning the platform and the supporting technologies.
- Evaluating projects from a technical stance, guaranteeing that the development methods used are correct and practical.
- Signing off system requirements and estimating timelines for project completion.
- Producing technical architectures that are modifiable, dependable, and scalable.
- Working with Enterprise Architecture to establish technology domain standards and review of new technologies for business application.
- Organizing technical project reviews.
- Mentoring team members on technology enhancements and standards development.
- B.S. in Computer Science, IT, a related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience leading project implementations related to infrastructure technology directly within the VMWare architecture function.
- Excellent spoken and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Influencing skills over a wide spectrum of management and technical contacts.
- Ability to compel issue resolution across assorted groups within a corporate framework.
- Minimum college or university diploma in related field.
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently; assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of projects.
- Skills in customer solutions implementation methodologies.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and check customer focus
- Documented ability to communicate the value project solution to resonate with all levels of the customer’s company.
- High level of technical field expertise in Layer 1 – Layer 7 technologies.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server architectures.
- Working knowledge of firewall and web filtering technologies.
- Deep knowledge or experience in any of the following architectures: Internet / MPLS / VoIP / client-server / Network Security / Microsoft / HP.
- Working knowledge of InfoBlox Grid Technologies for DNS, DHCP
- Deep knowledge or experience in any of the following technical disciplines: network, servers, storage, database management, middleware, and/or operations.