Tech Platform Specialist (Internal Tools Product Owner)
Location: Remote (United States)
#KeepGrowing with Nutrafol
Come grow with us. We’re a growing company. Everything we do, we do to help people grow into the best version of themselves.
As the pioneers of hair wellness, we create natural, clinically effective solutions for hair growth and provide support for people at every step of their hair journey. Our multi-factorial approach targets the root causes of hair thinning using a patented blend of medical-grade botanicals — and is recommended by over 3,000 physicians and hair professionals for trusted, reliable results.
We never settle, and are continuously challenging existing treatments and methodologies to advance the frontier of hair science. As we help our customers grow, we grow too — by embracing individuality and differences, leading by example, and empowering ourselves and others with our passion for wellness and innovation.
Keep growing. It’s our mantra. Our commitment to helping anybody and everybody committed to realizing their own potential to grow.
The Internal Tools Product Owner is responsible for working closely with our internal teams to understand what employees need to work more efficiently and integrate new technology. You will ensure that our organization is supported at the same level that we support our customers, bringing new technology and best in class experience to the employee toolset. You will work closely with our internal stakeholders on prioritization, strategic alignment and ensuring we improve the day to day experience of all teams in every part of the company. This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Prioritizes, plans and communicates on the steps identified to deliver projects by controlling a high level roadmap for all work happening and upcoming.
- Establishes partnership with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve employee experience and efficiency.
- Contributes to business results by delivering products with high value for the organization, unlocking new capabilities and ensuring highest quality experience for employees.
- Lead requirements gathering, manage product design process: from first concept design to development handoff, and drive product development efforts by partnering with our engineering team and external partners.
- Owns the prioritization of all incoming work to identify early roadblocks against critical launch dates.
- Write acceptance criteria, answer questions from partners, clarify requirements, etc.
- Leads product discovery including drawing insights from data analysis, and stakeholder conversations.
- Establishes regular communication cadence with business stakeholders to ensure research, design, and development stay aligned to the company’s digital strategy.
- Builds product documentation within JIRA, runs the main JIRA board, and communicates release notes to stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience serving in a similar role of a Product/Customer Experience Team
- Demonstrated experience writing user stories or consumer focused software requirement specifications
- Ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and find solutions independently
- Able to carry out tasks with little or no supervision
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, or equivalent tools
- Able to be agile and adapt to changing business needs
- A team player, but can work independently, too
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
Perks & Benefits
- Fully remote work experience, including a one-time allowance for home office setup
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package, including FSA program
- 401K with 50% match
- Flexible PTO
- Two company-wide wellness breaks every day
- Free lunch on us every Tuesday and Thursday via Seamless/Grubhub
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly work from home stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Virtual happy hours, yoga, and meditation sessions throughout the year
- Free meditation app membership (Headspace)
- Free Nutrafol subscription
- Pet insurance and benefit programs