Talent Development Manager
This role will be part of the People function at Flatiron School to prioritize talent development and engagement across the employee cycle. This role will focus on creating and maintaining initiatives in areas such as onboarding, training and development, performance management, and offboarding. Projects and process of ownership include goal setting, performance assessment and management, employee engagement, talent review, succession and development planning, among other opportunities for impact.
Talent Development/Employee Experience
- Ownership of creating and delivering training for our talent programs including goal setting, performance assessment and management, engagement surveys, talent reviews, succession and development planning with other cyclical programs such as compensation and promotion cycles.
- Work on continuous improvement of program design during aspects of the employee lifecycle, including understanding metrics of success and feedback and developing updates.
- Deliver training sessions for talent initiatives and programming for non managers and management staff.
- Partner with the Director of Talent Development to proactively assess team, manager, and organizational development needs to make recommendations, create training material that address development gaps, and implement appropriate solutions that support our organizational objectives.
- Support in conducting employee investigations and consult with the legal team and employee relations committee to provide HR guidance to line managers regarding cases..
- Drive employee engagement initiatives for the organization. Facilitate and own communications for DEI programming at FS.
- Support executive communications on culture, employee experience, and engagement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain best-in-class employee experience for our remote-first environment in employee onboarding.
- Acts as a trusted advisor providing a voice, support, guidance and knowledge resources that will support new hires.
- Lead orientation programs by utilizing extensive product knowledge and training to enhance and achieve successful outcomes.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure readiness for new employees on the first day. Collaborate with the management team to discuss and work on improvement areas.
- Identify onboarding gaps through checkpoints and surveys along the employee lifecycle.
- Experience leading employee programming and initiatives across the employee lifecycle.
- 2+ years of working in a HR function.
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to put HR analytics to use in everyday decision making and priorities.
- Proven results in designing, implementing and delivering effective training and development.
- Background implementing DEI initiatives across an organization.
- Experience consulting and supporting senior level managers and executives effectively with employee lifecycle management.
- Passionate about providing employees the development tools required for professional growth and success.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, relationship building and problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task and successfully execute within deadlines.
- Background in leading and managing complex projects from concept to implementation.
- $80K-$90K annually
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to launch careers in tech. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now offer programs in software engineering, data science, product design, and cybersecurity to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of students with skills, community, and an immersive outcomes-driven program. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.