Supply Chain Transformation – Systems Program Manager
Remote – US
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We’re driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Transformation – Systems Program Manager to own and manage large-scale digital transformation projects. In this role, you will use technical, logical and program management skills to drive both tactical and strategic business systems initiatives, including Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Supply Chain Digital Twin implementation. As a member of the team, you will work collaboratively with several cross-functional teams to develop and implement Samsara’s Operations systems for the long-term. This role includes design and delivery of end-to-end supply chain systems, document preparation for long-term implementation, development of process and tool requirements and strategic planning for growth and maintenance of new solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the implementation of multiple supply chain information systems
- Review key business metrics and develop dashboards to highlight trends
- Work with stakeholders, including data, design, product and executive teams and assist them with data-related technical issues
- Design and deliver end-to-end information systems to facilitate scenario modeling, procure-to-pay, data dashboards, real-time data investigation, bottleneck discovery, network planning, business intelligence and automated alerts using supply chain data
- Connect existing and future internal systems with manufacturer collaboration portals
- Prepare existing Salesforce CRM, Netsuite ERP, warehouse management, freight forwarding and offline datasets for API connections to future systems
- Break down complex projects into key milestones and iterate using new information to deliver on-time and on-budget
- Provide risk assessments, feedback on potential issues, develop mitigation plans and own solutions
- Establish systems requirements, processes and information systems standards
- Be a champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of Program Management experience with supply chain technologies in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of data visualization experience, using data warehouse or similar technology
- Knowledge of supply chain systems, including ERP, planning systems, CRM, procure-to-pay, warehouse management and manufacturing systems
- Programming experience, including Java, C++, SQL, Python and equivalent language
- Experience with Supply Chain systems
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to direction changes or new priorities
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with Netsuite ERP, Salesforce CRM and warehouse management systems
- Strong Systematic and critical thinking skills
- Positive attitude in a rapidly changing environment with ambiguous information
- Concise communication skills
- Desire to build relationships with multiple cross-functional teams
- Curious mind with an ability to learn quickly
- Passion for technology and operations
- Six Sigma / Agile / Scrum certifications
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.