Title: Student Success Manager
What We’re Looking For:
You’ll oversee all day-to-day activities and operations related to your assigned cohorts, classes, and/or market(s). Including oversight of instructional staff, and operations including classroom experience, student outcomes, and cultivating a network within the University and the company sponsoring the program.
We are looking for someone who can balance the administrative needs of the job with the relational dynamics of student support.
The goal is to keep students & instructors SUPPORTED & ensure they’re successful.
The SSM will own the following areas:
- Student Experience
- Instructor Management
- Program Completion
- University Partner Relationships
The Student Success Manager (SSM) owns these metrics in the following ways:
- Student Experience The best marketing will always be referrals from our Alumni network. Our goal is to create a transformative learning experience that students will always fondly remember. The Boot Camp is by its nature an extremely challenging program. You will create magic moments within the program that celebrates your students’ success along the way.
- Instructional Management – You ‘ll be responsible for managing instructional staff. Your ability to empower these individuals to own their classroom, create a dynamic learning environment, engage in meaningful connections with students and skillfully present complex curriculum will undoubtedly contribute positively to the Student Experience. You will provide weekly feedback from student surveys to guide the classroom experience.
- Program Completion It is up to the Student Success Manager to ensure our students are supported and meeting the required metrics to complete the program successfully. You will provide student coaching, create individualized success plans, and guide them through the various roadblocks on their educational journey, whether that be self-doubt, time management, or competing priorities.
The SSM will:
- Create a classroom experience that energizes and engages students.
- Utilize data in SalesForce and other reporting tools to assess classroom satisfaction and provide feedback and solutions.
- Manage classroom reservations, instructional staff, and operational logistics.
- Assist students in pursuing new career opportunities, work with Career Services to help students become employer competitive
- Develop positive working relationships with University contacts, working closely with University Relations to develop and grow the program.
- Deliver outstanding events, work with the Industry Engagement Team to co-host in-person Demo Days and Virtual Tech Talks
- Communicate system or process changes within the company and new approaches to student support and classroom management.
Hours & Location:
- This role is not required to report into a central Trilogy office, but it is important that all SSMs are available and have the capability to attend their assigned cohorts online in order to interact with their students and their University partners. Frequent interaction and collaboration with co-workers across the world at our other offices and University locations are built into our company ethos.
- Full-Time Boot Camp programs run during business hours Monday-Friday. Part-Time Boot Camp courses run during the evenings Monday-Thursday and weekends. Office hours are held before and after classes. With the SSM’s role focused both on student support and administrative follow up, hours of the SSM role are flexible. You will be expected to spread your working time over business hours, evenings, and during class every other weekend or as needed.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have worked in a capacity where motivating others was vital to success.
- You understand the importance of deadlines and streamlined communication
- You have managed staff before
- Knows what makes a dynamic classroom learning environment
- You have experience in making difficult decisions, tackling problems head-on, and can articulate lessons learned
- You have a track record of delivering excellent customer/student satisfaction
- You have worked with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- You have excellent communication skills and experience in being the main point of contact or representative for a brand
- You can operate independently in a remote environment and cultivate strong relationships in a primarily remote capacity
- You have been a part of a growing environment and are comfortable with evolving roles and responsibilities.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $60,000.00 with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.