Staff Writer, Personal Finance – The Penny Hoarder
Job Posting Title: Staff Writer, Personal Finance – The Penny Hoarder
Who We Are
A career at Clearlink means the ability to join a group of smart, driven, caring people, working together in an environment where everyone can make an impact. We’re a company that hasn’t lost sight of how we got here– by building a motivated, efficient team and treating individuals as the cornerstone of our company. So, no matter what your area of expertise is, we want to support you in doing the best work of your career.
We are a remote-first workforce because we care deeply about hiring the best talent and supporting the wellbeing of our people. This role is open to candidates in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, FL, ID, IL, KY, MN, MO, NC, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. (#LI-Remote)
Who We’re Looking For Personal Finance Writer
Are you an experienced writer who combines authority and creativity in your articles? Are you digitally savvy with a working knowledge of SEO, social media and analytics? The Penny Hoarder is seeking a personal finance writer to join our staff and produce useful, engaging articles that help our readers make better money decisions. This person can work remotely.
What You’ll Do
- Writes with authority on a particular personal finance subject or subjects, such as budgeting, saving money, debt, banking, investing, insurance, retirement, or credit cards. Uses in-depth knowledge to add context and detail to writing
- Writes effective SEO articles that outrank the competition
- Writes in a distinctive voice and shows creativity in phrasing, resonating with readers
- Turns around news articles quickly while balancing with longer-term work
- Researches, develops sources and conducts interviews
- Uses analytics and research to adjust approaches to content
- Does effective keyword research and uses it in ideation and writing
- Thinks comprehensively about the story, working with colleagues who can offer visual and data components to enhance the reader experience
What You Need
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience writing in media
- Experience writing in personal finance is a plus. Credentials such as certified financial planner would be a huge plus
- Experience in writing email newsletters is a plus
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other analytics platforms
In addition to competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award winning tenure based benefits program. Employees have a path for 100% of healthcare premiums to be paid in full for themselves and anyone on our plan. (Yes, this includes domestic partners too!)
- A generous time-off policy that starts at 20 days of paid vacation accrued per year for corporate employees.
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities.
- An up to $200 desk reimbursement for all corporate new hires.
- Fringe Benefits – A “pick your perks” platform for employees to utilize what fits their wants and needs.