Staff Visual Designer
Remote – United States
At VSCO, our mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity. We are passionate about designing trusted creative tools that are powerful, personal, and authentic. Our members are talented, inspiring, and equally passionate about their creativity. We seek humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing environments. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
We are looking for a Staff Visual Designer to develop, evolve, and execute the visual design of VSCO’s product and marketing. You are passionate about designing beautiful and thoughtful visual design solutions that unify the end-to-end customer experience. You take pride in your craft with an exceptional eye for style and detail, including: photography, color, typography, and layout. Your portfolio demonstrates digital campaigns, logo and icon design, video and animation, illustration, style guides, and templates.
- Design, develop, and maintain the visual design language for product and messaging, including: UI styles, icons, logos, animations, assets, templates, and guidelines
- Collaborate with product designers to produce and elevate the visual design of the product and customer experience
- Support marketing efforts to design and develop creative direction and assets for campaigns, messaging, and collateral, both in-app and external
- Develop creative briefs and style guides, and set art direction for production partners
- 8+ years of professional Design experience
- Highly developed visual design skills as demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Understand business goals, product roadmaps, and user insights to translate into clear design priorities for yourself
- Successful track-record collaborating in multifunctional teams as the design lead
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment being part of a distributed team requires active participation and proactive communication
- Affinity with VSCO’s mission and values, and a creative passion outside work that enriches your perspective as a designer
- As part of your application, include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors, such as qualifications, experience, and skills. The base salary range for this role is $178,000 – $190,000. Salary is one component of the total compensation package, which includes bonuses (if eligible), equity, flexible time off, and other benefits.