Employer: Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $25 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to provide our teams the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world of science, technology, and engineering.
Location/Division: San Jose, CA or Remote from the United States/ Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
How will you make an impact?
You will work in the fast-growing world of Biomedical Instrumentation and Biomedical Software Engineering and contribute significantly to the development of the cloud-based Next generation of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry data systems from the ground up. We are looking to hire individuals with experience in web front-end development using modern cloud and micro frontend-based architectures, and those who can help us design the next generation of user experience.
How will you get here?
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related field, graduate degree preferred.
What will you do?
- Participate in planning, UI design, development, and the delivery of web-based micro front ends and microservices.
- The position will act as a User Interface applications technical anchor, contribute to the technical vision with the development team, and help the team to turn it into reality.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of web applications and web components, deployable on various cloud and on-premises deployment models.
- This is a hands-on development role, where you will be spending the majority of your time on designing, coding, unit, and integration testing.
- Mentor and support team members on technology, technical approach, project execution.
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing commercial software with a demonstrated increase in project responsibilities.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, SPA frameworks (Vue or React or Angular). The interview will include significant coding examples using these technologies.
- Good experience with C# .NET with experience writing microservices in the .NET core environment.
- Deep understanding and experience in API design (using RESTful), including versioning, isolation, documenting for internal and external (commercial) using API documentation frameworks (e.g. Apiary, Swagger)
- Working knowledge of GITOPS, GIT, and Kubernetes based DevOps pipeline
- Proven Experience with AWS API and concepts, Azure or GCP
- Experience with databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MSSQL