Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Envision working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, phishing attacks run rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data, companies have been powerless to protect themselves. Valimail offers a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. We’ve already stopped billions of malicious emails from being delivered, won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and are lucky enough to have some of the world’s biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, Uber, WeWork, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
As part of our dedication to building a more trusted email ecosystem, we work closely with industry leading companies to improve the space for everyone. As the number of initiatives, organizations, and conversations scale up significantly, Valimail has the need for a skilled Staff Site Reliability Engineer to help us meet these commitments and help the company scale. As Valimail’s next Staff Site Reliability Engineer, you will lead highly visible initiatives that help secure billions of inboxes!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Evangelize standard methodologies for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as the subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
- Be a team leader with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation to receive escalations
- Work with Amazon Web Services, Ansible, and Terraform
- 10+ years of SRE or DevOps experience
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
- Experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
- Experience building Infrastructure as Code (preferably with Terraform)
- Substantial experience with programming languages (we use Ruby, Python, and Golang)
- Working knowledge of a centralized configuration tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience managing, configuring, and tuning data stores (we use Postgres RDS)
Who We Are
Valimail is the global leader in zero-trust email security. The company’s full line of cloud-native solutions authenticate sender identity to stop phishing, protect brands, and ensure compliance; they are used by organizations ranging from neighborhood shops to some of the world’s largest organizations, including Uber, Splunk, Yelp, Mercedes Benz USA, and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration. Valimail is the fastest-growing DMARC solution with the largest global market share and is the premier DMARC partner for Microsoft 365 environments.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive pay + participation in employee stock option plan
- Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage
- Eight weeks of paid maternity leave & Four weeks of paid paternity leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- Remote First Company, you can work anywhere within the US
- Unlimited and flexible PTO. We believe balanced, happy, relaxed people do better work
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented classes will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Valimail, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need in the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you’re open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!