Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We are building out a next generation Product Security team that is focused on creating scalable solutions for a rapidly growing organization. We create tools to eliminate classes of vulnerabilities and provide the Security organization with the visibility we need to make the right decisions.
Projects that our team worked on include:
- Made tooling to help eliminate the usage of credentials within source code or config files
- Building tooling that help us manage and eventually eliminate the overhead of vulnerable dependencies in our applications
- Built an unorthodox means of training our developers (this year, we taught them how to threat model to have more eyes on the architecture)
- Created a system to identify, classify, and track sensitive data within our infrastructure in real time
About the team
We’re a diverse team of experienced security engineers with strong technical and non-technical backgrounds. We’re a passionate group of individuals who enjoy challenging traditional, prescriptive security techniques of the past and adapting or reimagining them to work with Twilio’s modern development technologies and practices. We talk about our methods and accomplishments in public blogs, at conferences, and in presentations. If you want to be this kind of security person and work with a team that’s like you to create innovative security solutions for distributed systems and architecture, we’d love to hear about your approach and introduce you to our team.
A little more about our team:
- Our CISO’s approach to Building a Security Team and Program
- We have talked about securing serverless architectures
- We deleted every employees’ AWS keys!
- We help organize the OWASP SF chapter, OWASP Vancouver chapter, the AppSec California, B-Sides SF, AppSec PNW and Day of Shecurity conferences
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have 5+ years of experience in Product Security
- You have a solid understanding of software security principles and have experience with threat modeling
- You can perform a code review and discover security problems
- You have experience with automation and are not afraid of software development
- You can break down complex security problems into measurable and solvable pieces
- You have experience working in enterprise software and SaaS domains
- You have run a bug bounty program
- You have experience working with large engineering teams and codebases
- You’re involved in the InfoSec community
This role will be remote, and based in the USA or Canada.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.