Title: Staff Product Designer
Location: Remote (USA)
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Why We Need You
We are building a real-time digital operations management focus for small startups to large Enterprises to prepare for, prevent and respond to urgent issues quickly and efficiently. A seamless, simple web and intuitive experience is crucial to our continued growth. We are looking for an experienced Staff Product Designer, who will have a considerable impact on making our user experience among the best in any category. You love designing intuitive experiences that delight your users and make them successful. You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback. You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into a beautiful reality. If we’ve just described you, then let’s talk about a role in our growing product design team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to design core PagerDuty product experiences, including Services, Scheduling, Escalation Policy, and others. You are passionate about connecting the dots where others might only see noise and telling a compelling narrative that helps customers make informed decisions in real time. In today’s always-on product environment, where time is our customer’s most valuable resource, this is where we can help our customers detect and prevent incidents from happening and develop a best-in-class experience.
- Partner with Product Managers to prioritize, define, and deliver best-in-class user experiences.
- Develop and execute on a design strategy that integrates with multiple product areas.
- Provide design direction for functional groups or technology areas.
- Create design artifacts that inspire others and that are recognized by the team as raising the bar for the product.
- Proactively generate new cross-product ideas and leads the implementation in this group.
- Fluent in agile, able to build and groom backlogs and write tickets, to prioritize work to map to strategic initiatives.
- Design beautiful, useful, and desirable user interfaces and experiences in a team environment.
- Conduct user research & usability tests and synthesize insights and feedback to validate design decisions.
Skills & Attributes
- You are empathetic; you have a strong desire for learning about people and how they use the software.
- You can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to justify your design decisions.
- You are a strategic thinker that can break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- You are self-driven and resourceful; you take on new challenges and opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Grasp how effective visual communication (from font pairings to style tiles) helps translate compelling ideas across any team, in any field.
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, and trends in the UX/UI product design field.
- Function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- You have worked with consumer-facing products and have an appreciation for simple and delightful experiences.
- Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences.
- Have experience delivering WCAG 2.0 Level AA user experiences.
- You have 8+ years of relevant experience in the UX design of digital products that have been released to the market.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates taking multiple projects from start to finish (from research and discovery through to implementation with engineers and product teams).
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act with speed and precision to deliver the tactical pieces to realize it.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- Helped establish a design thinking culture at a fast-growing company.
- Ability to mentor junior and senior members of the UX team.
- Proficiency in Figma as well as familiarity with online user research tools
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave – up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days – scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty – a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge