What You’ll Do
- Have an opportunity to bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- Partner with technical leadership to define overall network technology, standards and strategy, including the 12 month roadmap achieved by reaching consensus with peers and customers
- Be a mentor to other team members and lead through example by influencing the use of standards defined by the team and technical leadership
- Identify and drive testing and certification of network hardware, software and features to ensure security and availability
Who You Are
You are a highly proficient network security engineer with hands-on experience and in-depth skills in all aspects of network security and engineering. You are a motivated pragmatic thinker, eager to get the job done while finding a balance between pace and quality with:
- Extensive experience in high demand, large scale production environments
- Deep knowledge of network security methodologies
- Risk assessment frameworks
- DDoS mitigation strategies
- Vulnerability management
- Active threat monitoring
- Audit and compliance
- Experience with scripting in Python or equivalent to automate operational tasks
- Experience with cloud deployments such as GCP and AWS
- Experience with distributed system management via Puppet or Terraform
- Experience with packet analysis and flow monitoring tools
- Experience with stateless and stateful ACLs, IPSec, and Zero Trust deployments
- Proficiency with multiple hardware platforms such as Juniper, Arista, and Cisco
- Working knowledge of load balancing, anycast and traffic resiliency solutions
- Understanding of transit relationships and global internet connectivity
- Strong documentation and communication skills
Who We Are:
Twitter’s Network Security team enforces and protects a dynamic, reliable and secure global network, behind one of the few products in the world that touches over 1 billion people.
Additional Information: A few other things we value:
Challenge – We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity – Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance – We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
- Remote US