Staff Machine Learning Engineer (100% Remote, @TheMomProject
Data Science and Machine Learning
PREFERRED INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 650,000+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
TMP Diversity Statement
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Staff Machine Learning Engineer to drive the build out of our ML/AI-driven candidate fit platform services using Python. This system supports training, evaluation, deployment, and monitoring of our job-resume match system, our collaborative filtering job recommendation engine, and our natural language processing of resumes and job descriptions. In this position, you will work closely with data scientists, infrastructure engineers, and full-stack web developers. You will ensure that the data we need to drive our ML/AI systems is delivered where we need it, when we need it, in the form that we need.
Our data science team is full-stack, meaning we own the DS process end-to-end from training models to API deployment. We code in Python, and we use technologies like Docker, Redshift, and PyTorch. We work in two-week sprints with daily scrums, bi-weekly planning, demos, and retros.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and lead the implementation of complex data pipelines using Python, AWS cloud services, SQL, Docker, Elasticsearch, Redshift, and other data engineering tools
- Design and build a next-generation ML/AI infrastructure for training, evaluating, deploying, and monitoring machine learning, natural language processing, and heuristic ML/AI models
- Build REST APIs that provide comprehensive multidimensional candidate fit capabilities to our talent marketplace
- Lead the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies to be implemented into our ML/AI infrastructure such as model training tools, model registries, model deployment capabilities, data pipelines, model monitoring, and data management tools
- Serve as the ML/AI technical lead in the design and buildout of our data science data lake/data warehouse
- Collaborate with data scientists on model selection based on engineering opportunities and constraints
- You have 10-15+ years of professional experience building production software capabilities, designing and architecting real-time APIs, complex data pipelines, and end-to-end machine learning systems
- You have built complex data pipelines using Python, AWS or other cloud service, SQL, and orchestration tools
- You have experience with modern machine learning infrastructures and MLOps
- You are enthusiastic about learning the latest in the AI/ML space including natural language processing with large language models, deep learning techniques, and cutting-edge recommendation algorithms, ideally having hands-on experience with machine learning model training, evaluation, and deployment
- You have experience with modern machine learning frameworks such as Pytorch, Keras, and scikit-learn.
- You are familiar with a variety of data engineering tools and technologies such as MySQL, Redshift, Dagster, Airflow, Elasticsearch, Redis
- You know how to validate and test that your data pipelines work the way they should
- You have experience building real-time REST APIs
- You are familiar with Agile and CI/CD practices and tools
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
- Career Pathing
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Casual Culture: because work should be a place you want to be
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We’re just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.
Work Type Permanent
Schedule 40 hours / week
Work Remote Yes (100%)