Sourcing Manager – Marketing & Travel
Location: United States
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.
As the Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager, you and your team will lead global sourcing activities associated with select Marketing & Travel spend categories, including supplier strategy development and coordination of activities to ensure that cost and value-added requirements are met. You will be expected to drive projects in all aspects of the sourcing process, from category assessment, cost savings opportunities, vendor due diligence, RFx, contract negotiations, and vendor management.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building and enhancing relationships with key stakeholders within the Marketing, HR, Workplaces, Finance, Legal and Sales department(s) to develop sourcing strategies to meet their requirements
- Collaborating with Finance and Planning counterparts to proactively monitor and evaluate strategic sourcing opportunities and help drive planning and budgeting processes
- Performing spend, market, and vendor analytical research, and communicating these findings to senior leaders to help drive decision making including maintenance of a preferred vendor database.
- Reviewing Master Service Agreements, Order Forms, and SOWs with your assigned Contract Manager to ensure Elastic receives great commercial value and optimizes its legal position within the applicable contract. Bringing up any off-playbook clauses to an Elastic Attorney when needed.
- Capturing product and service specifications from business owners for RFx activities and vendor business reviews
- Leading the development of award scenarios and recommendations for collaborator evaluation, consideration and decision-making
- Objectives may include savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation & management, risk reduction & management, improved visibility & control of expenditures
- Supporting internal Business Partners by facilitating accurate and favorable transactions, and on-going supplier management and accountability
- Managing and developing vendor relationships; using vendors as a source of innovation and growth
- Helping to build sourcing and procurement process and enabling the associated sourcing and procurement tools
- Communicating with Business Partners, coworkers and management in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Coaching and mentoring your team to help you facilitate all the activities within your role
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree or equivalent plus 8 to 12 years relevant experience in Sourcing with a strong focus on business & corporate services spend categories.
- Experience managing and coaching a team of at least 2 sourcing and contract management professionals located globally (i.e. India, US, Canada, Europe, etc.).
- Advanced contract management skills and the ability to understand and negotiate master service agreements, order forms, SOWs, and various other legal documentation.
- Strong communication, relationship building, influencing, persuasion, negotiation, presentation, conflict resolution and business analysis skills.
- Possess high integrity combined with good eye for business, with the ability to identify, recommend and select the best overall solution.
- This is a global position and will require some limited travel.
- Be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude! Must be willing to work on one’s own initiative and must be focused on achieving goals.
Does it sound like you? Then click the Apply button and embark on a journey with us!
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.