What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives that want to build an inclusive, respectful company culture and truly challenge the status quo. We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on selfless-excellence, continuous learning and improvement (2% done) achieved through diversity (balance-for-the-better) and inclusion.
What is the job?
Our Solutions Architects (SA) are responsible for driving successful implementation projects for their assigned accounts and projects. The goal of the SA is to architect a successful solution that delivers on the benefits and value that are expected from the ThoughtSpot solution. The SA must be able to understand a client’s desired goals and business objectives, and then craft a solution that meets the client’s needs. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and enjoy collaborating with a team of colleagues who are all passionate about data and about driving success for our customers. The SA will work cross-functionally with our Engagement Managers (EM), Customer Success Managers (CSM), Sales, Sales Engineers (SE), Support, Delivery Partners, Product Management and Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to Client’s technical team
- Deliver successful end-to-end technical architecture to meet client’s business objectives and BI/Analytics requirements
- Design the ThoughtSpot solution for performance and scalability
- Advise client on data quality requirements for ThoughtSpot
- Create data model for BI/Analytics needs that will help the customer answer business questions for the identified use case
- Understand, document and design for client’s security requirements
- Design relevant ThoughtSpot artifacts (worksheets, searches and pinboards) that will help drive desired end-user experience
- Work with Engagement Manager to drive issue resolution
- Collaborate with Customer Success Manager to hand-off work product for user adoption
- Establish working relationships with the relevant client sponsors
- Train customer resources in ThoughtSpot administration
What you bring:
- Experience in consulting/solution delivery, with 5-10 years of designing, architect and leading technical implementations
- Required to have played the role of a consultant/architect
- Extensive experience in ability to understand client’s objectives and requirements (use case), translating it to technical design and solution to drive client’s business imperatives
- Solid experience working with Sales and Pre-sales teams to deliver client solutions
- Experience working with Product Management and Engineering teams to prioritize customer product requests/defects to deliver successful engagements
What will set you apart:
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing ecosystem (e.g. Data sources / ETL / Data warehouse / Data marts)
- Understanding of different types of schemas (OLTP vs. OLAP, snowflake, etc.)
- Proven experience in delivering customer projects with products such as: Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE, Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI
- Familiarity with ETL tools (such as Informatica, SSIS, DataStage, Kettle, Matillion, Talend) and Python is a plus
- Strong knowledge and working experience of cloud data warehouse (CDW) technologies like Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery and/or Azure Synapse.
- Working knowledge of Cloud platforms – AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure
- Prior consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree