Employer: American Electric Power
This position is located in Columbus, Ohio but may be eligible for remote home based as long as selected candidate is within AEP’s current operating territory (WV, VA, TN, AR, KY, TX, OH, IN, MI, OK, LA)*
Part of a larger team delivering high quality technology solutions to the business. Design, develop and install software solutions. Build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with internal architecture, development & design standards & best practices. Design, modify, develop, write, implement and troubleshoot software programming applications. Support and/or install software applications. Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Works within a Waterfall or Agile methodology/framework based team. Collaborates heavily with Project Management, Business Analyst and Infrastructure Job Families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
Under limited supervision, responsibilities include one or more of the following for small and medium sized projects:
- Exhibit understanding of the SCADA system, components, and processes
- Ability to understand interrelationships between systems and components
- Demonstrate critical thinking, urgency, and attention to detail to support real time operations
- Meet with clients to discuss their hardware and software needs.
- Strategize with the business unit to create customized solutions.
- Draft and deliver presentations on targeted products.
- Design and install customized software and hardware solutions for the customer.
- Test the performance of the installed system and fix bugs.
- Provide post-installation follow-ups.
- Develop relationships and maintain customer relations.
- Support the business unit with all technical related queries.
Job Type Full-Time
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field is required.
- 2 years of relevant work experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Preferred experience supporting SCADA systems, Operational Technology Systems, and their components.
- OSII Monarch SCADA System experience
- Continuous maintenance and upgrades to the SCADA systems
- RTU programming and troubleshooting
- Compliance and Security of the SCADA systems
- Troubleshooting equipment and software to repair and diagnose any malfunctions in the system
- SCADA System Access Management
Physical demand level is Sedentary
Work Designation Remote