Title: Solution Engineer – Integration Developer – Remote
Location: WV, VA, TN, AR, KY, TX, OH, IN, MI, OK, LA
This position is located in Columbus, Ohio but may be eligible for remote home based as long as selected candidate is within AEP’s current operating territory (WV, VA, TN, AR, KY, TX, OH, IN, MI, OK, LA)
Part of a larger team delivering high quality technology solutions to the business. Design, develop and install software solutions. Build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with internal architecture, development & design standards & best practices. Design, modify, develop, write, implement and troubleshoot software programming applications. Support and/or install software applications. Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Works within a Waterfall or Agile methodology/framework based team. Collaborates heavily with Project Management, Business Analyst and Infrastructure Job Families.
Essential Job Functions are listed below:
Under limited supervision, responsibilities include one or more of the following for small and medium sized projects:
- Exhibit understanding of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Iterative Waterfall methodologies
- Demonstrate strong experience in developing software, Webservices in Java, C++ or related languages
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills. Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Meet with clients to discuss their hardware and software needs.
- Strategize with the business unit to create customized solutions.
- Draft and deliver presentations on targeted products.
- Design and install customized software and hardware solutions for the customer.
- Test the performance of the installed system and fix bugs.
- Provide post-installation follow-ups.
- Develop relationships and maintain customer relations.
- Support the business unit with all technical related queries.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field is required.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Demonstrate experience in design and development of Oracle SOA suite and Java platform Webservices
- Understanding of APIs (REST/SOAP), OML, JSON, and Messaging Protocols
- Understanding of Automated Build and Deployment Processes (e.g. Jenkins CI/Apache Maven/Gradle
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Develop and Unit test integration APIs using various integration patterns such as SOAP Web Services, RESTful web services, Flat file, OML, JSON, FTP, HTTP, etc.
- Perform Unit Testing, Integration testing and Support QA & UAT using testing tools like Ready API
- Follow Agile Development methodology & report the work status in Daily Scrum calls; estimate the user stories; participate in Sprint Demo, Sprint Retrospection and plan meetings
Physical demand level is Sedentary
Work Designation: Remote