Software Engineer – Studio
Location: Remote – US
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Backend Software Development Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed on the Studio Runtime team to power the future of communications. Twilio Studio (https://www.twilio.com/studio) is our low-code visual application platform for building communication workflows. It’s the fastest way to build and scale applications like IVRs and chatbots on Twilio. This is an opportunity to be part of the team that makes it easier for professional and citizen developers to build communication workflows and interfaces for Twilio’s customers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Perform analysis and design on components/systems medium to large scale
- Contribute to Coding, code reviews, Patterns, CICD, Quality and Process improvements
- Collaborate and partner with team members and stakeholders
- Understand customer requirements and translate them into design specifications and coding
- Cultivate and contribute to the culture of guidelines and standards
- Empower and enable other team members to achieve their full potential
- Operate at scale both system wide and team wide
- Perform activities with team members distributed across the globe
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- In-depth knowledge of at least one object oriented language preferably in Java, and experience with analysis and design
- Experience working with and operating SQL databases, and NoSQL a plus
- Experience with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- You like to dive in and work up and down the technology stack
- A bias toward automation, leveraging existing tools to ensure stable, clean, well-tested code gets deployed to production
- The ability to communicate well- in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support
- Empathy for your customers and teammates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- This role will be remote, and based in the East Coast, USA.
- Approximately <<5%> travel is anticipated.
- This position is a remote role but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.