See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Full Stack Engineer III, Processing.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we’re on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to create high-quality, modern cloud solutions to deliver Twilio’s Customer Data Platform (CDP). In this full stack role, you will be responsible for design, implementation, and operation of frontend and backend systems that compose the processing functionality of the Customer Data Platform. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team.
At Twilio Segment, we believe in giving our customers control over all of the most important data for their business – customer data. It all comes down to one core belief: companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, without any fuss. This has been a core philosophy to how we’ve built our products from day one, and we’re excited to take this to the next level to fully realize this promise
You will work side-by-side with other engineers, designers, product managers, and members of our go-to-market team to opportunity size, brainstorm, execute, and detail the results of your work. We’re a team that loves pushing the Segment product forward, delighting our customers, and making an impact on the bottom line of the business!
In the Processing Pillar, our mission is to empower our customers to ensure the right customer data reaches the right destinations through a transparent, debuggable pipeline they trust. As part of this pillar, you will:
- Use your full-stack engineering knowledge to build delightful user experiences and robust engineering systems. You’ll primarily be working in TypeScript, React, Node, Apollo GraphQL, and SQL.
- Identifying opportunities for improving the Segment product with data, research, and creativity. We believe the best ideas come from all members of the team, and empower our engineers to be product thinkers.
- Creating re-usable systems and abstractions that help us move fast and iterate quickly. We’re excited about empowering other teams to help them share our passion for product quality and development velocity.
- Build best-in-class controls to achieve data quality, consistency, transformation and privacy.
- Provide our customers detailed insight into how their data flows through Segment’s systems.
- Architecting our systems to run in multiple AWS regions throughout the world.
- Designing and building a new observability platform to make data flow through Segment transparent to our customers and to enable them to debug problems on their own.
- Up-leveling our data governance product (Protocols) for enterprise-scale workflows.
- Researching on how to improve the overall usability of our products.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong engineering fundamentals, with fluency in HTML/CSS, Typescript (ES6/7), React, and related web technologies
- Experience building API products with frameworks such as REST and GraphQL
- You show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, good database schema design, efficient algorithms and query patterns)
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements to debugging complex systems in production
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services
- Experience in leading full stack application development with a focus on front-end for one or more products.
- Experience in statically typed languages such as Golang, C++, Java.
This role will be based in the US as a remote position.Â No travel is required.