Title: Software Engineer I
Location: Remote/Nationwide Remote/Nationwide USA
If you are enthusiastic about education, using your skills and talents to help improve people s lives, and interested in working on a team of professionals at a globally respected education organization- you ve found the right place. At Kaplan, we re passionate about what we do and who we do it for.
Unyielding determination to make a difference in people’s lives through the power of education- That is Kaplan. For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are the intersection of education and technology, providing our students and clients with an experience that not only allows them to achieve their goals, but also ignites lifelong learning. Kaplan s culture of collaboration, innovation, and creativity truly makes Kaplan a great place to work and positions us to continue to deliver a best-in-class educational experience.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those that want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
Kaplan is continuously evolving our technology products and customer experience to maintain our position as the global leader in professional education. We are looking for software engineers to help us advance our Business & Data Systems.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for software development as a member of a project team. He/she works closely with subject matter experts, business analysts, quality analysts, and others to design, develop, and test software solutions to business problems.
- Solve problems of considerable scope and complexity
- Designing, coding (at least 80%), debugging and optimizing both front-end and back-end components as well as internal tools, such as configuration management and development/test environments.
- Help select and incorporate new tools and methods
- Work closely with project, application, and enterprise architects to develop solutions.
- Drive the continuous evolution of best practices within the development team.
- Identify and recommend where increased automation, performance enhancements, application enhancements and quality enhancements may be incorporated.
- Balance customer and business needs to design, develop, test, and deliver against timelines.
- Contribute to architecture and code design, estimates, code reviews, and documentation to ensure top quality software.
- Keeps current with emerging technologies and technological developments within the industry.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Reviews current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing priorities and multiple, concurrent responsibilities.
- Be a talent multiplier that motivates the team around them to excel and perform well.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 3+ Years’ experience in software development engineering experience, good design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns, single page application designs, web server / service development
- Good knowledge of systems architecture.
- Strong skills in the use of development software tools. Experience in Visual Studio or other modern IDE environments
- Considerable experience and aptitude in the creation of dynamic web software.
- Application development experience using .NET, C#, MVC, AJAX/jQuery, CSS, and other web development technologies
- Experience with SPA Frameworks (e.g Angular JS, Aurelia JS), Cloud Deployments, AWS, OpenStack, Azure
- Experience with diagnostics tools (Tealeaf, Fiddler, IE Inspector, HTTP Analyzer)
- Automated build and continuous integration experience.
- Experience with SOAP and REST web-services.
- Experience with both relational databases (e.g. SQL Server) and unstructured data-stores (NoSQL).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience with education software
- Docker and Containerization experience, a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
- Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
- Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
- Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities
- And so much more!
Colorado Residents: Salary Range in Category B